3rd Annual F-150 Online Nationaly Rally!

Old 06-15-2002, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up 3rd Annual F-150 Online Nationaly Rally!

Hello All!

Once again, our Webmaster Steve Eppinger has done a wonderful job of posting all the National Rally details, THANK YOU STEVE!

By now many of you have already seen this probably, as the home page here has a very nice banner that annouces this boldly, but just in case anyone may have missed that..........

Don't forget to click on that Rally Info page, and get all your info there.

(Mike, just inserting a link to the rally page in here ... https://www.f150online.com/rally2002/index.html ... Steve)

Please make sure to fill out the RSVP form and register via email for the events, there is a link at the bottom of the page that will take you to the RSVP form, as well as an email link to our email address in the details for each individual event on the Rally Info page.

We hope to see as many of you there as possible this year for the Tour of the F-150 Assembly Plant, our Drag Strip event, the Show-N-Shine event, etc.

The success of this year's Rally, like all years, depends on getting as many people as possible to attend. The Mid-Atlantic region is central to everyone on the East Coast, from Maine to Florida. We've also been honored to have numerous people make as much as 1500 mile each-way drives each way to attend in addition to the "locals," coming from many different states.

Come show your stuff, whether you have a bone-stock F-150 that you'll never modify, to the wildest & fastest Lightnings, other F-150's including 4X4 ORP's, King Ranch models, Harley Davidson models (supercharged and normally aspirated), Sport models (hello Neal!) Expeditions, F-250's & F-350's with everything from a 4.6 gas motor to V-10's & Powerstroke Diesels in just about every state of modification you can imagine, from paint to suspension to powertrain to the true show-trucks, there's a place for EVERYONE!

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there, & thanks to all who have assisted in putting this event together, as always.

Last edited by webmaster; 06-15-2002 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have question, it mat be a dumb one what the heck. On Friday were are we supposed to meet at for the Ford Truck Plant tour. Also I filled out the form, am I going to get any info. Just want to make sure what I filled out went somewere? Maybe some info is coming. Also have a place been aquired for the Show & Shine.

Old 07-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Too bad I wont be able to make it. But I hope that everyone that makes it has a good time.

Old 07-15-2002, 02:11 PM
MHZMAN, if you haven't already, you might want to give Mike Troyer a call to get additional info.

Old 07-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

I am in the area.

If anyone has any questions I will put my entire brain at your disposal.

Old 07-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
MHZMAN, for the Ford plant tour you would take
I-64 East to I-264 West(Towards Downtown Norfolk)
Take Exit 11 A
Turn right onto Compostella Rd. (Go over the bridge)
Turn Left onto Indian River Rd.
Turn Left onto Ford Dr.
Visitor parking is near the Security Gate.
(or it was a couple of years ago)

I would offer to let you follow me over but, there is no way to keep my truck in front of yours as I have no SuperCharger.

I have no info on the Show & Shine.

Last edited by Raoul; 07-16-2002 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:56 PM
Just to let you know, the last time Raoul tried to put his entire brain at our disposal, and gave out directions. We got lost, making me think he had put his entire brain in the disposal by mistake.
So who all is comming?

Old 07-17-2002, 08:04 AM
I'm getting pretty excited. I can't wait! I wish I could have the truck airlifted so I didn't have to put the miles on. I'm getting up there (33k). The drive isn't all that much fun. My girl is going to drive some (wich make it a bit less fun for me) and when I drive my girl gets on my case about my driving (wich makes it a bit less fun for me).

Raoul, do you know why every time I get on the highway down there I'm going in the oppisite direction I want to be going? Is it me, or can I blame it on the screwey highways? I spent half of my driving time last year going the wrong direction!

So who is going to make it?

Old 07-17-2002, 08:32 AM
Talking

LOL Roaul, you supply the brain power. I will bring the vertically challenged oil changers. Wittom, I did register for all the events. Look forward to meeting you folk. Sounds like a fun weekend. Thanks for directions Raoul, I think that I may have gotten lost driving that far.

Old 07-17-2002, 08:47 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
I think it is some kind of law that all odd numbered Interstates shall be North/South and all even numbered Interstates shall be East/West.

Your problem may be that I-64 and I-264 cross each other like a 't' yet, they both are even numbered so, both say East/West.

In Norfolk, I-264 is the truer East/West and I-64 is more of a true North/South.

At least on I-64 the Exit numbers use mile markers so, you can judge how far you have to go.

The numbering starts at the West Virginia Line.
The Intersection where I-264 crosses I-64 East is Exit 284.
If you are camping in VB then take I-264 East (toward VB)
If you are heading to the Ford Plant take I-264 West (toward Norfolk)

I don't actually live over there and only go over about 6 times a year cause I always get lost.

Old 07-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor
Hello All & especially Andthensome too!

Just wanted to let everyone know we have had one event schedule change, the Show-N-Shine event. Due to location considerations, we have changed the day of the Show-N-Shine from Sunday the 28th to Friday afternoon/evening, on the first day of the Rally, which is Friday the 26th. The location for this will be held at Beach Ford, in Virginia Beach. DO NOT CALL the dealership please, as there is only one contact person who knows about this there, and we communicate with him directly, so if there are any questions please contact us here at Performance. the exact time is a bit loose, we're figuring that everyone will want some time after th eearly morning plant tour to catch a nap & clean up their vehicles, etc., so we're thinking of sometime around say, 5 PM or so.

We will be emailing *everyone* who has registered for the Rally at the email address they listed on their registration form tonight, to let everyone know ASAP of this change.

This means that all of the Rally events will take place on Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th, so for those who want and need to get back home ASAP, they can leave anytime after teh Drag Strip event on Saturday, and they will NOT miss the Show-N-Shine event. This will give everyone extra time to get back home, actually.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, but despite our best efforts, the car dealerships we dealt with, while thye wer all happy to host us, just do not want to open on Sundays in the Summer, and this is understandable, as in the car business that is their *only* day off that is guaranteed, as it's the only day they are closed. We didn't think this would be a problem early on, but after months of working on this, it's tunred out that to have a dealership host us, it needed to be done on Friday. This should not cause any undue scheduling problems, given that the Rally starts that same day anyway with the tour of the Norfolk F-150 assembly plant at 9:30 AM.

We will be sending out an email for a get-together point for everyone to meet on Friday morning, we will email (and call those who we can) with that info.

"Communications Central" wil be the Performance Products cellular line, the phone number is 540-718-3505 for anyone that needs to communicate with us during the Rally, and for Rally participants, if someone gets lost, etc., just call us. That phone line will be available from Thursday morning at 10 am for the duration of the Rally.

For Andthensometoo, while I was thinking about it I wanted to let you know that we have not forgotten about Dave's downshift point issues in the Superchip he won at last year's Rally for his then-brand-new 4.0 SOHC Ranger, where it was downshifting a bit earlier than stock. We have another program we want him to try, so if Dave is coming with you, we can take care of that then, and if not, we'll work it out later with you/him. Sorry it's been awhile, but it took us awhile to get our hands on another Ranger of that exact same code, etc., to test this out on, and once we did, we were able to see what Dave had mentioned, so just letting you know! By the way, thanks very much for that D-104 CB microphone!

Thanks in advance to everyone who is making it this year, nothing makes us happier than to see the faces behind the names, especially those who work do hard and drive such long distances such as Andthensometoo & so many others!

See you there!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 07-23-2002 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:38 PM
Hey, that's cool! Other than VMP, Beach Ford is the only other place I think I can find, as I went there last year. Your going to make me drool over the Lightnings again, aren't you!

I look forward to seeing you all (who ever is going to be there) there! I need to start packing tonight. We will be hitting the road in around thirty hours from now!

Old 07-24-2002, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi Tom!

Thanks for calling yesterday, & sorry I wasn't personally available at that moment, I hope you got what you needed from Anita or Crystal, etc., if not please let me know.

That's right, you spent a few hours with us at Beach Ford last year when we were picking out a couple new F-150's. We were there to get one for Anita, but as soon as I saw that silver Lightning, I was doomed, and we took delivery of it just 3 days after we picked up Anita's that Friday, the first day of the Rally.

I don't know if they have any more '02 Lightning's left by now, but if so, a friend will be picking one up, and we're shopping for a Powerstroke diesel now, as we need a rugged tow vehicle if we can make the nubmers work. It seems like we've got a never-ending parade of vehicles here at Performance!

It won't be long & you'll be on the road, we'll be leaving tomorrow ourselves.

See you there!

Old 07-24-2002, 12:13 PM
HyA!
I'm leaving tonight also.
I think I could write a book on all the stuff that has happened in just the past week when trying to get ready to come down there.
I hope there is room on the tour list for FastCloud and my older brat, because I haven't emailed yet to say they were going. I have to hang out with the 8 year old.
Mike, hang on to that Mic, cuz you can't get them anymore. When we found out some where still available, FC got you and me both one of the lasts ones made.
FC is bringing the chip, I think. I told him that by now there was prolly another program it could be upgraded to.

Anyway, because we are finishing the trip with camping, the Truck may look like the Beverly Hillbillies (minus the rocking chair and ol hound dog) so you people better not laugh. OK you can, but at least laugh with us.

See you all in a few (long) hours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd Annual F-150 Online Nationaly Rally!