Falwel and Robertson have finally gone mad,LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 10:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Falwel and Robertson have finally gone mad,LOL!

Check this out! My Sister sent this partial transcript to me via e-mail. What planet are these guys from??? I'm really scared by the poor people that saw this,and believe it !!,,,,,98

Partial transcript of comments from the Thursday, September 13,
2001 edition of the "700 Club":

JERRY FALWELL: And I agree totally with you that the Lord has
protected us so wonderfully these 225 years. And since 1812, this
is the first time that we've been attacked on our soil and by far
the worst results. And I fear, as Donald Rumsfeld, the Secretary
of Defense, said yesterday, that this is only the beginning. And
with biological warfare available to these monsters -- the
Husseins, the Bin Ladens, the Arafats - what we saw on Tuesday, as
terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact -- if, in fact --
God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America
to give us probably what we deserve.

PAT ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just
seen the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what
they can do to the major population.

JERRY FALWELL: The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, yes.

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this.
But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal
court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the
schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this
because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million
little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the
pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and
the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative
lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who
have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their
face and say "you helped this happen."

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we
have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government.
And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people
do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

JERRY FALWELL: Pat, did you notice yesterday the ACLU, and all
the Christ-haters, People For the American Way, NOW, etc. were
totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both
houses of Congress as they went out on the steps and called out on
to God in prayer and sang "God Bless America" and said "let the
ACLU be hanged"? In other words, when the nation is on its knees,
the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we
ought to be doing all the time -- calling upon God.

PAT ROBERTSON: Amen.

Old 09-19-2001, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man...this is gonna bring 'em outta the woodwork here....you like to stir the soup don't you 98?

Old 09-20-2001, 12:03 AM
Wink

Oops,think I should edit it before it's too late?

Old 09-20-2001, 03:23 AM
Screamer, I saw that transcript somewhere last week. {I forgot where though.} I remember my grandmother watched those two on the 700 club all the time. I just about flip though when I read that. Those two actually think that we deserved what we got and that all the abortioinist and femininsts and by throwing God out of our schools, God is punishing us.
I think those two need to be banned or something for even thinking, let alone saying that on national television.

I just want to say this is just my opinion. Hope I didn't offened anybody.

Old 09-20-2001, 04:23 AM
I will stur it a little more

they have totally fallen off their rocker.I had my own little chuckle over thewekend as I was channel surfing.I happenend to stop on one of the religous channels and these guys were saying the end is near and we need to pray for Jesus Christ to come save us before we (the U.S.) attack the middle east.They went on to talk about it for about a half hour and actually tried justifiying the terrorist attacks.I was like you have got to be kidding right.There is no justifaction for what was done.As for Jesus saving us before we attack, well I am not the least bit religous, so of course I couldn't buy into that either. I will have to give them a little credit though.Most religons teach compassion and forgiveness and they were trying there best to forgive the terrorists.I mean really,what is this country coming to, forgiving people who do things likehijack planes and crash them into buildings, killing thousands of innocent people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I just don't think this is quite right.Let the flames begin

*disclaimer- I did not write this to offend any of the religoius people here,so please don't take offense.

Old 09-20-2001, 07:19 AM
tv

So you listened for half an hour.

JS

Old 09-20-2001, 08:26 AM
serious topics

Man, there have been some serious discussions on the boards since the wtc bombings. War plans and now religion, whats
next, abortion?

Old 09-20-2001, 09:24 AM
Exclamation

I don't know what's next,but these guys are making the situation worse. Money shoveling "televangelists" have always rubbed me the wrong way.
The 700 club has it's own "news" show,complete with religious comentaries.
I remember watching Robert Tilton one morning when I didn't have anything better to do,and he got a letter from someone asking god for the money to buy a bass boat. And he had the gall to say that "God will buy you a bass boat!" LMAO.....Anyone else remember those prayer cloth revivals,,you got a genuine prayer cloth that he himself had blessed,,for only a fifty dollar "love gift"LOL.... When one of the TV scandal(Hard copy,20/20,etc...) shows finally caught up with him in the early nineties,he had a yacht and mansion in South Fl. All the letters that people sent in asking for help were found in a dumpster with the checks and money orders removed. No offense towards any religion is intended by this thread,just a few observations about the status quo of TV based religious shows. True religion should NOT involve a television,IMHO.,,,,98

Old 09-20-2001, 12:22 PM
Yeah It's all their fault; gays who love one another and don't bother any one, as well as working moms wanting the same pay for the same job duties.
but the guys who steal peoples life savings by telling them to rid themselves of worldly possesions in the name of god, and that god will then take care of them; . . . now they are the innocent ones.

Old 09-20-2001, 05:04 PM
Smile yes I watched for a 1/2 hour in total amazement of the bs that was being said

What scares me about these religous shows and the bs they are trying to pass on is that there are obviously enough *sheep* (lack of a better word) watching them, believing everything they say and donating their hard earned money to keep them on the air. Oh well, like I said before everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if they think these tv shows are telling the truth then all the more power to them.

Old 09-20-2001, 06:00 PM
98SCREAMER, am I glad you posted about this. I was chomping at the bit to post about it, but everytime I post something with just a hint of liberalism, I get blasted and stomped on in this F150online community.

I think Falwell said exactly what he meant to say. If he didn't mean it, then Pat Robertson wouldn't have agreed with him so readily. He was on Geraldo Rivera's show on CNBC yesterday and tried to apologize for it and give an explanation that it was a mistake and that he was tired and didn't know what he was saying. HAH! When you're tired is when you drop your guard and say things you would not normally say in mixed company, much less on TV. Geraldo went ape all over Falwell.

Make no mistake about it. TV evangelists are in it for the money. Just imagine, if you will. Falwell says his church has 22,000 members. 22,000 members who tithe. Add to that the countless thousands who donate to him as a result of his appearances on TV. The ministry to people like him is simply a "cash cow." It's a business and it's time that people realize it. My own little church with about 400 members struggles every day. Yet, you watch some of these tv ministeries with their pastors sitting on what can only be described as gilded thrones and you have to wonder. Are they ministering for their membership or for themselves?

While I'm on a rant, why is it that religion can get involved in government, but government can't get involved in religion? When did ministers become politicians and political pundits? Maybe. Just maybe, that's what's wrong. All these ministers who are politicians instead of being ministers to their flock are the reason why we have all this evil around us.

Hey, if they can blame the ACLU, gays, pagans, abortionists, etc., then I can rationalize and blame the televangelists too.

Last edited by Dennis; 09-20-2001 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2001, 06:12 PM
I was going to use the A word,but in this thread it would seem like a jab towards the more devout members of this community. I will instead say....Well said,Dennis,,,,,98

Old 09-20-2001, 06:47 PM
One of my favortie quotes
"If there really is a God who created the entire universe, and He decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle"

Old 09-20-2001, 07:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's kinda sad really

Religious or not, it really is sad that in this time of greif and need of patriotism all we can do is sit and point fingers at who caused this. "United we stand, Divided we fall." I thought God tried to bring all his people under him, not single out minorities for their differences. If you ask me, these guys are only facist, racist pigs that have not a God **** clue as to what the hell is really happening out there. These guys shouldn't be that discriminating... If you're gonna hate, hate everyone! Someone will put them in their place someday, and the two of them are gonna feel like real idiots.

My $.02
-Flea

Old 09-20-2001, 10:02 PM
I'm apalled......

that men who PROFESS to know God, & to love Him can make a quick buck off His name!
I am a devout Catholic. Believe me, I am struggling with the feelings of pure hatred I have towards the responsible parties in this tragedy. However, even the Catholic Church has "rules" for a justified war & unless I am TOTALLY stupid, we meet all 4 requirements in this case. I am not saying the Church encourages war - they will not condemn us for it.
Falwell, Robertson & their cohorts are WORSE then the terrorists IMHO. They are striking at the hearts of the people they CLAIM to care about. They are polarizing our nation & causing untold grief by saying we deserved it. Maybe they should be down at Ground Zero, digging with raw, bloodied hands, breathing in cement & plaster dust & filling their lungs with it, picking up pieces of broken & bloodied bodies & suffering thru the smells & sights that our rescuers have been dealing with & maybe then, they'd stop & realize that NOBODY deserved what happened! When you think about it, the search & rescue dogs have done more to help that these "religious leaders" have done!
Sorry but I hate to see belief in God perverted & used to HARM innocent people - it's supposed to heal & support us, not tear us down! If we deserved this then what do they think the Taliban deserves? Probably nothing if you follow their thinking since they don't have gays, abortions or feminists! Huh - I guess maybe Falwell & Robertson SUPPORT the Taliban & Bin Laden! Isn't that a nice thought! Damn them - ALL of them!

Quick Reply: Falwel and Robertson have finally gone mad,LOL!