New Truck possibility. Just don't know which way to do it

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 04:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
A massaging seat would just put me to sleep!

But, heated and cooled seats are totally worth it.

- Jack

Old 12-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Buying a second new truck and keeping the one you have is a tremendous waste of money but you know that. Isn't there something else to spend it on such as a retirement fund, or vacations? Dealers love guys like you!

Old 12-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
A massaging seat would just put me to sleep!

But, heated and cooled seats are totally worth it.

- Jack
No kidding on the seats

I'd love to have the heated and cool option though. I've never yet been in a vehicle with cooled seats

Old 12-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
No kidding on the seats

I'd love to have the heated and cool option though. I've never yet been in a vehicle with cooled seats
You live in Texas, for 10 months of the year they will be the greatest option ever to be put on a truck.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Roadie
Buying a second new truck and keeping the one you have is a tremendous waste of money but you know that. Isn't there something else to spend it on such as a retirement fund, or vacations? Dealers love guys like you!
you make it sound like I buy new trucks all the time

this 2013 was the first new vehicle Ive ever bought, I agree it's probably a stupid idea to keep both, but we all make stupid decisions at one point and time, right?

I'm just really liking the idea of keeping this 2013 70k mile truck, that way I can keep the miles off the new truck, keep it in better shape and be able to keep the new truck longer since it'll have alot less miles on it.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Coy, as I said before, I'd wait a few months on the 3.5 Gen 2 and 10 speed. You know what they say about the first year of anything - the first ones out can be a bit rough. They have just recently released the first run, they were being held back.
I do agree with ya, mainly just want the dealer to get one so I can take it for a drive and give it a once over. I'm not going to just pick the first one up they have. I want a XLT Sport in Race Red with the nice 20 inch 5 spoke wheels, I've never special ordered one but I'm sure within a few months they will get that truck in.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:08 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Buy 100 shares of Ford stock right now - then you can custom order one in 6 months and get X-plan pricing. Slightly over invoice, doc fee limited to $100, no haggling.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:11 PM
One just arrived this afternoon. Was told to come by around lunch tomorrow and check it out. Of course it's a Platnium

Old 12-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They have the 17 2.7 and 5.0s for the last month. Just seems to be a longer wait on the 3.5. If I was to get to a 2.7 eb then I'd just look for a left over 16.

I looked at a 17 Platnium f250 and couldn't believe the options on it. It even has a button on the dash for tailgate release. Massageing seats and alot more crazy features. Sticker was 76k!
I just forked over the dough and purchased a 2017 F250 Lariat 4x4. It does have a lot of wild features. Heated and air conditioned seats, spot lights off the tow mirrors, lane assist, blind spot and auto dimming headlights just to name a few. Traded in my 2016 F150 XLT, 3.5 Eco boost 4x4. It will be used mainly to pull our travel trailer.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
you make it sound like I buy new trucks all the time

this 2013 was the first new vehicle Ive ever bought, I agree it's probably a stupid idea to keep both, but we all make stupid decisions at one point and time, right?

I'm just really liking the idea of keeping this 2013 70k mile truck, that way I can keep the miles off the new truck, keep it in better shape and be able to keep the new truck longer since it'll have alot less miles on it.
Don't mind me. I'm just an old fart who pinches his nickels a little more maybe. Like they say, Life is short. Grab all the gusto you can.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Drove one yesterday. I was pretty impressed with it. Its going to be like the 6 speed and will need some reflashes. Seemed to be a little confused shifting and heard a couple clunks. Also it only had 14 miles on it so maybe the transmission hasn't learned yet.

Power and Torque is amazing though, Its in the right rpm all the time and it hauls the mail very well. One thing i like is the engine seems throatier than the 12th gen. Kinda sounds like they opened up the intake a little more to get more sound out of it. Perfect IMO.

Another thing is it was cruising at 65mph at 13 to 1400 rpm.. I did a short 10 miles loop at 65 with cruise on and it showed 29mpg. I know its only 10 miles and i wouldn't expect that fuel mileage in real life

Once the tuners start releasing tunes its going to be a monster! Now to find a race red sport with the 20inch 5 spoke wheels