Gluten Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 04:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Gluten Issues

Has anyone ever been diagnosed with gluten sensitivity?

Not a wheat allergy or have Celiac disease.

I've been having lethargy, tiredness and bloating when I eat gluten, or wheat based products, like whole wheat spaghetti, bread, etc. So I spoke with doctors and nurses, and they had me go gluten free for a couple weeks. I can't tell you what a difference it has made. It has turned my life around almost 180 degrees... I feel like a different person. It's even motivated me, because I now have energy instead of wanting to sleep all day after meals.

Actually, when I eat now, it gives me energy, versus the other way around. It's kind of how it's supposed to work when you eat food.

From the way they explained it to me, it is an unessential protein that causes these symptoms, and the only way to avoid it is if I eat and live a gluten free lifestyle. They stressed to me to make sure I eat plenty of greens, fruits, and take my vitamins on a daily basis.

Which is fine with me, because I eat extremely healthy anyways, and I'm used to packing and preparing my own food. It just gets annoying if friends take me out and I have to stress to the management that I can't tolerate gluten. But that's the least of my worries.

Has anyone ever ran across this before?

Old 03-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, gluten is not good for humans. You will also be trimmer and more awake (in the brain).

Old 04-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to this website for help. Could save your life and lots of money. Doctors don't know what funglus can do to us. They never studied it in school since the 50's.
www.knowthecause.com

Old 04-01-2015, 12:24 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
This has been coming to light more and more. Wheat is not what it used to be. Everything in moderation here, but wheat is in so much stuff now it's hard. I have friends that have a legit allergy and it makes things tough. You have to be so careful.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
Yes, gluten is not good for humans. You will also be trimmer and more awake (in the brain).
You see, this is exactly what I am referring to. There were a lot of times I'd eat for instance a granola bar and it would feel like I drank a 1/2 bottle of beer and I'd get fogged up in the brain and feel lazy as all heck -- like I wanted to take a nap.

I also quit drinking any alcohol about 5 years ago too. But I remember how it feels.

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
This has been coming to light more and more. Wheat is not what it used to be. Everything in moderation here, but wheat is in so much stuff now it's hard. I have friends that have a legit allergy and it makes things tough. You have to be so careful.
I've got one friend who is gluten intolerant, but he was having gastrointestinal issues, almost Celiac related, but not as life threatening.

You think by eating healthy, whole wheat foods is good, but I suppose not for everyone.

One thing I notice is people mislabel packages... there's a huge different between whole grain and whole wheat for instance.

Quick Reply: Gluten Issues