Fords new Lineup

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fords new Lineup

Cant believe the trucks and cars Fords coming out with. The new raptor shelby gt350r and the ford GT. Loving where fords going. This video had me drooling, the unveiling of all three! check it out, I foresee a lot of my paychecks going to ford. http://stories.madcards.com/1172/659...byGT350RFordGT

Old 01-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I disagree -- I generally hate where Ford is going. Everything they come out with seems to fall into one of two categories:

* Appliances
* Vanity cars geared to old dudes with huge paychecks

I think Ford needs to begin coming out with interesting cars that the average person can afford. How about a cool "ute" based off the Fusion with a hot ecoboost? How about a mid-sized two-door that fills the void left by the mid-90's Thunderbirds? How about a truck to compete against the Colorado's and the Tacoma's? How about something unique like a small SUV based on the old Bronco? How about something that's cool that isn't out of the economic reach of the average man making a decent income?

Old 01-30-2015, 11:38 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Ford has everything dumped into this "ecojoke" platform

and unfortunately, as sad as it is, I'm sure Ford has no desire to do anything that isn't ecojoke related, as they have too much tied into advertisements for them to stay with anything else, at the expense of the enthusiests

so I'm out tundra shopping now

Old 01-31-2015, 12:17 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
You would think in the oil rich Eagle Ford Oil fields you would see a lot of Raptors considering everybody is working on ranches. Very few Raptors in the fields. Most are driving F150's with either the 3.7 or the 5.0. Not many EcoBoosts at all. They kinda have a bad reputation as a gas guzzler and the first ones were a wreck with lots of issues. The Super Duties are well represented with probably 80% or better diesel engines. Ford is tops in the fields by a HUGE margin as you just don't hardly see any other brand truck with the exception of the Chinese who drive Chevrolets.
Don't see many Shelbys or GTs so it's kinda unimportant to most buyers. See quite a few of some of the other exotics though. A few Veyrons, Lambos, etc but no Shelbys or GTs.
When the Mustang came out, my sister was one of the first in line for YM 1965. She bought a light blue 289 manual with a radio option- that's all the car had on it and it was cheap. We had a ton of fun in that car. Nobody makes a car like that anymore. Too bad. Some car maker is missing the boat by not offering a true fun car that anybody can fit in. Unlike the Focus that I can't get my 6'4" bod in. And it's so much of a PIA to get in the wife's Fusion we don't use it.
Terajerame you need to hold off on that Tundra. It will be a late entry but the Tundra will be wearing a Cummins 4.5 V8 diesel probably by summer or there abouts. The same engine will appear in the Titan real soon but then it's a Nissan body and tranny.........and ugly as only Nissan can make one.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
Ford has everything dumped into this "ecojoke" platform

and unfortunately, as sad as it is, I'm sure Ford has no desire to do anything that isn't ecojoke related, as they have too much tied into advertisements for them to stay with anything else, at the expense of the enthusiests

so I'm out tundra shopping now
At least they stopped making those fugly 10th gen F150s.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Hmm . "ecojoke" or "fugly 10th gen f150" don't know which I like better..

But your Avitar Is the Best.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:30 AM
glc
Received 760 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The only fugly 10th gens in my opinion are the Flaresides and the Screws.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Nope, no sticks, no solid half ton axles, nothing affordable, so not for me.

Adrianspeeder

Old 02-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
I disagree -- I generally hate where Ford is going. Everything they come out with seems to fall into one of two categories:

* Appliances
* Vanity cars geared to old dudes with huge paychecks

I think Ford needs to begin coming out with interesting cars that the average person can afford. How about a cool "ute" based off the Fusion with a hot ecoboost? How about a mid-sized two-door that fills the void left by the mid-90's Thunderbirds? How about a truck to compete against the Colorado's and the Tacoma's? How about something unique like a small SUV based on the old Bronco? How about something that's cool that isn't out of the economic reach of the average man making a decent income?
Can you fault them for chasing the money though? What sells the most, beige Accords, Camrays and the knockoffs from Korea? CUVs have recently become popular but most are sensory deprivation chambers. The truth is a very large part of the car buying population doesn't care if the car said GE or Fridigadaire on the front.

Sadly, the fun cars don't make enough money to pay for their development unless the cost can be spread across other products. See the Mustang as the perfect example. The high end GT350R is being subsidized by the multitudes of "Secretary Spec" base models that will be sold. A RWD mid-sized Thunderbird replacement would be nice to see but outside of a few MB/Jag/BMW I can't think of a single car left on the market that fits this description. The cars sat on the lot unsold and as a result are no longer offered. All of the fun cars are priced pretty high since the only people who will buy them are well heeled people with lots of disposable income. It would be hard for Ford to compete in this area. The sub $60k market is dominated by the Corvette and anything higher is going to the Germans. The golf course snob appeal can not be overstated.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
But have you seen this?

Ford Focus RS 2015 revealed | Evo

Ford’s fastest Focus has arrived to lock horns with VW’s Golf R

This is it, the 2015 Ford Focus RS. The new fast Ford targets rivals like Volkswagen’s Golf R and looks set to propel the Blue Oval right back to the sharp end of hot hatchery.

Under the bonnet is a 2.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine. It’s based on the unit you’ll find in the latest four-pot Mustang, but in the RS power grows to in excess of 316bhp (for reference, the four-cylinder Mustang produces 306bhp).

The new Focus RS gets four-wheel drive with torque vectoring in the rear axle. Using two clutch packs, up to 70 per cent of torque can be sent to the rear wheels, and up to 100 per cent of that drive can then be pushed to either rear wheel.

Matching the hard-charging drivetrain is an aggressive exterior. Added to the face-lifted Focus’s already sharper body is a large rear wing, bigger intakes at the front and low-profile tyres. The arches don’t appear as aggressive as older RSs, but apparently that’s due to money being spent on the drivetrain instead.

Inside, the car gets the same Recaros as the ST, but, for those looking to be held even tighter, optional bucket seats are available.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ yup, and it's fantastic! If I even remotely wanted a hatchback that's what I would be getting.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM
One thing to remember, the "fun" cars are typically marketed toward the 20~ year olds, so you're looking at the compact sized cars, since that is what they are into and can afford. Unfortunately us older and wider people don't really fit in those cars. A fun car for me is now a truck. I can't fit into the sporty cars too much anymore. I'd love a new version of the Lightening, but not holding my breath.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by 1depd
One thing to remember, the "fun" cars are typically marketed toward the 20~ year olds, so you're looking at the compact sized cars, since that is what they are into and can afford. Unfortunately us older and wider people don't really fit in those cars. A fun car for me is now a truck. I can't fit into the sporty cars too much anymore. I'd love a new version of the Lightening, but not holding my breath.

Yeah, ford sometimes forget the fitting of some people on this compact rides, same as other company. I remember a guy here had to drive his wife's jeep and had to open then sunroof to see the traffic light.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
so give me examples of what you would lke to see,

if you say diesel, stick shifts or lightnings we can go there but it has been beat to death and Ford as well as all the other manufactures will build what sales.

they have made all 3, the masses and their dollars have spoken.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:28 PM
glc
Received 760 Likes on 704 Posts
How about a stick shift Lightning with a diesel?

Quick Reply: Fords new Lineup