Go Pro Hero HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Go Pro Hero HD

Anyone have this Camera? Seems like it has just came out in the last few months. Would love to have a go pro but not about to pay 300 to 500 dollars for the hero 3 or 4camera..

I would be using it on Atv Rides,At the Drag Races with it on the side of the truck and stuff like this, Basically just to play around with it. Is it a good camera for the price of 129.00 ?

Old 01-24-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Been wondering about this too bud... funny you posted it

Old 01-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the Hero 4 before Christmas and it's on the way back because I had a warranty issue -_- $450 bucks just to send it back not but a month later.

Do a YouTube of the Hero 4 vs the Hero there is tons of great comparisons. Easiest way to tell the difference.

For me it was if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right and just go for the real deal. I got a little screwed on that one haha.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Hero 3+ black edition and love it.... it's a fun toy. Especially to hook up to my 18 month old. You don't have to be "extreme" to use it. Small, light weight, and pretty easy to use. I got a great deal from Costco back in November.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have the Hero 3 Black edition, which just means, with this generation, it has a bunch of acc., wifi and a remote. I love this little camera. I bought it for my Polaris Ranger HD. I use "The Buggy" mainly during hunting season at my property in West Virginia. I wanted video of riding around the mountains, catching deer when they jump out, and for some nice video while it's snowing. Plus it will also take video and pictures at the same time. I got all of that. But, it has a couple of major issues that are really annoying. I can't say about the current edition. Back when this edition came out, which I think was late '13, I did my research, etc. on the net. Decided I liked it. So I searched the net for the best price. I found some decently priced (when compared to retail), so I bought one and I had it shipped. I think I paid around 300.00-350.00 with a bundle. After I got it, I went to the GoPro website to register it for the warranty. Now, I had already been on the website when I was doing my research. But I didn't go onto the sites Forum. Out of curiosity I signed up and started reading. That's when I discovered the short comings of the Hero3. The major flaws that were described on the forums are exactly what my camera is doing. The first one is the battery life. GoPro had claimed, if I remember correctly, a battery life of two hours or so. Wrong....If I get 30 minutes I'm lucky. GoPro claimed that the batteries needed to be cycled a few times for them to get up to full capacity. Didn't help much. So get some extras for sure. I also bought a couple aftermarket with a higher mAH rating. Not much help. Also, the battery in the remote has a short life. The next one, which is really annoying, is the camera freezes. No warning. I have to remove the battery to "unfreeze" it. GoPro claimed all the camera needed was software updates. Wrong, No help. And the last one I can think of at the moment, is that the camera gets real hot, and may shut down due to over heating. I wish I had a better report on it for ya, on this edition any way. I can say that it does take amazing video. Just not for long periods, If I take videos in short time frames, say 20-25 minutes then it's great. Anything past that I'm pushing it. GoPro does say that the new generation that replaces the Hero3, the Hero3+, etc., does address these issues. Do your research on the net, and go to the GoPro websites forums to find any info you can. But like I said, Overall I do like the little thing......

Last edited by Scarlet; 02-27-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^ One of the first things I would do is buy a separate battery and the dual charger. The package that I got already included them, which made it such a great deal. As far as attachments, Amazon is your best friend for the generic things...chestie, head strap, random attachments, etc... I would honestly buy the GoPro stick because the quality is better. I do have one from Best Buy that is waterproof and floats. If you are going to use the suction cup mount on the outside of your truck, I would also use the GoPro. Pretty much if you ever wondered what a picture or video would like while doing something, there is a mount for it.
If you get a newer model with Wifi, you can get the App on your smartphone, in which you can view your pictures and movies. It also allows you to use the phone as a view finder. It does kill phone battery life though if you leave it running. As far as the remote, its nice to have however, there are some short falls such as the battery life like Scarlet said. You don't even have to use it for the battery to drain. Also, if you are planning on using the camera underwater, the remote is pretty useless. Recently I got the LCD screen and all the additional cases for it. It's a great addition although it does eat the battery even faster.

Quick Reply: Go Pro Hero HD