F150online veteran, back with a new diesel!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F150online veteran, back with a new diesel!

Been a long time since I've been active, but I was active for probably 5 years and posted everyday, hopefully not everyone who was here then is gone. I think back in 2009 was the last time I've posted. Anyways, I sold my F150 and have been drooling over diesels since. Finally saved up enough and got myself a fully loaded 2010 F250 6.4L Lariat. I instantly ordered an SCT tuner with IDP tunes (top hp tunes), a No-Limit intake, a No-Limit EGR delete kit (still haven't installed but disabled via tuner), deleted DPF and DOC (cat). She sounds unreal, and is pushing around 580rwhp. It's a beast, and I took it to Pismo and rented a 36' trailer the first week I had it and had the time of my life at Huckfest 2014. I broke the front lower valance and wrapped the exhaust completely around the axle, it looked like those pink ribbon breast cancer awareness symbols...I just installed that exhaust, I should have welded it and but it was a bolt-on kit. Contemplating lifting it, but here in Orange County, CA they are ****'s about it and not being able to park in a garage opens me up to parking tickets and getting towed if I don't move it every 72 hours. I have some videos from Pismo of me smoking a lifted dodge and some other trucks up comp hill. Here are some pics:

Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Last edited by Josiah; 12-21-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet! Haven't seen you around in a long while. Sharp truck. Planning to cross any rivers with this one?

Old 12-21-2014, 09:08 PM

Haha I hope so, I've bought a few gopro's to make sure I capture the shenanigans. This truck is so heavy though it makes me uneasy, the F150 felt nimble and trail-worthy...can't say the same for this guy! Still working on getting the Pismo vid thrown together. Youtube took down one of my videos I just realized (for good), it had 1.27 million hits but had a country soundtrack in the background which was the problem. I properly credited the artist though after the first time, I'm not sure why it was taken down the second time but it looks like it's for good.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:11 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Nice truck! I've seen you in a lot of older posts. I came when you left lol. I think a member on here works at that dealer actually. Kmac

Old 12-21-2014, 09:28 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
What are you going to do when it's time for a smog test?

Old 12-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome Back! Nice truck.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Howdy stranger

Old 12-21-2014, 10:50 PM

Patman and BlueJay, staple members of f150online nice to see you guys again! I just found my f150online Buck knife for member of the month btw.

Truckguy24, good to know. I had a pretty good experience dealing with them but the truck did have a few problems, half of my vents don't blow hot air (probably a blend door problem)? Nonetheless, Texas Direct Auto was a nice outfit to deal with. I worked with a guy named Moises.

Also GLC, I have no idea what I'm going to do about smog. My truck smokes like a chimney when I get on it and I'm so scared I'm going to get caught, it's a $2500 fine and I have to put everything back to stock (from what I've read). I want to do a hood stack eventually, trucks are not very common here so I don't think local LEO's will know the legalities of it but, that's a big gamble.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:07 AM
glc
My nephew had a similar issue with his 08 F-350 6.4 when he lived in San Diego. His DPF plugged and nobody would touch it. He got rid of the truck, but he was seriously thinking about buying some land out in rural Arizona and registering it there with permanent plates.

I'd advise you to tune it so it doesn't roll coal, you should be okay till smog time. Probably advisable to run the exhaust out the stock location with the stock tips, and put some kind of muffler on it to keep the db's down to a reasonable level.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad I don't have to worry about any of that crap in FL

Old 12-22-2014, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just signed in myself after a 3 year hiatus. It's a bit slower around here than it used to be. Welcome back!

Old 12-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Welcome back...great looking Super Duty you have.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah -- I always think driving a lifted truck in So-Cal must be akin to what it would have been like being a U.S. soldier walking in uniform down the streets of San Francisco in 1969! Having traveled there many times for business over the years, to say California is "different" would have to be the ultimate understatement......

Old 12-22-2014, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by glc
My nephew had a similar issue with his 08 F-350 6.4 when he lived in San Diego. His DPF plugged and nobody would touch it. He got rid of the truck, but he was seriously thinking about buying some land out in rural Arizona and registering it there with permanent plates.

I'd advise you to tune it so it doesn't roll coal, you should be okay till smog time. Probably advisable to run the exhaust out the stock location with the stock tips, and put some kind of muffler on it to keep the db's down to a reasonable level.
Where is the fun in that!? :P

I had a hell of a time getting someone to touch my exhaust after I bent it around the back axle. Nobody wants to touch a deleted diesel, one guy even got upset with me for asking. I am keeping the stock exhaust tips for now, and I'm going to get it properly tuned so it's not spewing so much smoke at WOT. I'm hoping I can reconnect with someone on here who can give me a hookup to a SoCal smog guy when it comes time.

Hey wild-mtn-rose I remember ya!

Thanks PawPaw.

And ddellwo, that's a great assimilation to what it's like...I don't like having that much attention on me, honestly I get a little ashamed when I roll coal accidentally, I'm becoming one of THEM!?

Old 12-22-2014, 04:00 PM
glc
I'm hoping I can reconnect with someone on here who can give me a hookup to a SoCal smog guy when it comes time.
Only problem with that is the smog shop computers are all connected to the DMV and they have to run all the tests. In other words, the DMV gets to look into your OBD2 and sees the sniffer tests. Good luck.

Quick Reply: F150online veteran, back with a new diesel!