DVD Ripping Software

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Ripping Software

Hey all. I am in need of some new software and am having problems finding something decent.

I am trying to make a digital backup of some workout dvd's I purchased (insanity). I work away from home and want to minimize the amount of stuff I have to haul back and forth. I tried DVD Shrink (freeware) and 123 DVD Copy (free trial) and neither were able to copy. A fatal error occurred right after starting. I don't have a problem paying for the software I just don't want to download a bunch and pay for a bunch of them just to find one that works.

Anyway, what do you all use?

Thanks,
Ben

Old 09-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I have a friend that's a videophile and he backs up all of his DVDs/BRs with DVDFab Platinum. They have a free trial program. I've used it on his PC and it's about as straight forward as a program can get. This is one of those "a caveman can do it" kinda things. Seems like the license costs him about 50 bucks the first year and less than 20 afterwards. I think the trial version is for 30 days. You also need to update it after installing it as I remember. It copies everything he throws at it. Take a look:
http://www.dvdidle.com/

Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
http://www.slysoft.com/en/

Clone DVD and Any DVD (both required for copy-protected DVD's).

Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
You need a program like DVD 43 to break the security on DVD's to stop coping. I used it for years.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 AM
you can use dvdfab, you can use dvdfab passkey to break the code then use dvd shrink . depending on which encryption dvd has depends which program i run

Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks all, I used DVDFab and it worked perfectly.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
That's what I've used for years and just did a full back up/copy of all my purchased movie collection recently. They get scratched up over the years. To be exact, I use only 3 programs when working with DVD's, usually. Depends upon what I'm doing.
DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink (3Two) and Image Burn when need be. Those can be had FREE. However, there has been times when you need to tweak decrypter lol.

Other than that, Acronis True Image (11.0) (Paid for version). Worth Every penny!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
I have a friend that's a videophile and he backs up all of his DVDs/BRs with DVDFab Platinum. They have a free trial program. I've used it on his PC and it's about as straight forward as a program can get. This is one of those "a caveman can do it" kinda things. Seems like the license costs him about 50 bucks the first year and less than 20 afterwards. I think the trial version is for 30 days. You also need to update it after installing it as I remember. It copies everything he throws at it. Take a look:
http://www.dvdidle.com/
Those are the best kind!

Beats the hell out of this -

Quick Reply: DVD Ripping Software