Mike Rowe as Ford Spokesman

Old 05-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike Rowe as Ford Spokesman

I've seen a few people blogging and posting that they thought that Mike Rowe was a horrible pick as a spokesman for Ford.... I on the other hand happen to think he was a genius of a pick by the Ford HR department.

One of the things i've heard people complaining about is "Uhhhh thats the guy who gets all nasty and dirty on that show Dirty Jobs.. why would you want someone like him associated with your vehicles! Ewww!"

1.) Well the man represent the hard *** working Americans that do some tough and disgusting jobs, and need a vehicle to match their ruggedness... Guess what, he's got more experience with these types of jobs than any other spokesperson will EVER HAVE... Bar NONE... I mean, Howie Long... seriously, lets cut our losses and get Cher while we are at it, as qualified as the next

2.) The mans got natural charisma.... he doesn't have that "Hey, im a car salesman ready to take you for every penny you have.... look. He could be very well trained and just fooling the hell out of me but he also seems like a very honest guy, Howie in comparison looks like he is reading from a tele-prompter. He also doesn't "present" anything to you... he has a conversation with you, very unique and effect way to convey information. Talk to your customers, not at them.

3.) The types of commercials Ford is putting out with Mike, they aren't the... look at the gas mileage as we posted it, look at the cool design, look at how stupidly pointless and funny we can make our commercials so that you'll think its hilarious that we compared our cars to all of the Honda's but said that Honda has a better lawn-mower... ahahaha... NOT. How about "Bring your trucks over here Chevy and Dodge and lets test these suckers out in the real world, all the while narrated by a hard working American dude.. Mike Rowe.

My feeling on it is that Ford has finally provided some adverts that were worth my attention, and most any other soon-to-be truck owner, and applied a trust worthy face to those messages.

Last edited by Haemon; 05-19-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Haemon
I've seen a few people blogging and posting that they thought that Mike Rowe was a horrible pick as a spokesman for Ford.... I on the other hand happen to think he was a genius of a pick by the Ford HR department.

One of the things i've heard people complaining about is "Uhhhh thats the guy who gets all nasty and dirty on that show Dirty Jobs.. why would you want someone like him associated with your vehicles! Ewww!"

1.) Well the man represent the hard *** working Americans that do some tough and disgusting jobs, and need a vehicle to match their ruggedness... Guess what, he's got more experience with these types of jobs than any other spokesperson will EVER HAVE... Bar NONE... I mean, Howie Long... seriously, lets cut our losses and get Cher while we are at it, as qualified as the next

2.) The mans got natural charisma.... he doesn't have that "Hey, im a car salesman ready to take you for every penny you have.... look. He could be very well trained and just fooling the hell out of me but he also seems like a very honest guy, Howie in comparison looks like he is reading from a tele-prompter. He also doesn't "present" anything to you... he has a conversation with you, very unique and effect way to convey information. Talk to your customers, not at them.

3.) The types of commercials Ford is putting out with Mike, they aren't the... look at the gas mileage as we posted it, look at the cool design, look at how stupidly pointless and funny we can make our commercials so that you'll think its hilarious that we compared our cars to all of the Honda's but said that Honda has a better law-mower... ahahaha... NOT. How about "Bring your trucks over here Chevy and Dodge and lets test these sucks out in the real world, all the while narrated by a hard working American dude.. Mike Rowe.

My feeling on it is that Ford has finally provided some adverts that were worth my attention, and most any other soon-to-be truck owner, and applied a trust worthy face to those messages.
I'm with you.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:48 PM
He was a lawer and opera singer before tv star. I agree though i think hes perfect for it.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I totally have a man-crush on Mike Rowe.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM
I also agree!! Howie Long looks like he STILL has helmet head after being retired all these years and he sounds like I... am... reading,,, this.... from.... a.... teleprompter

Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by wes1333
He was a lawer and opera singer before tv star. I agree though i think hes perfect for it.
I thought they were only joking when they said he did Opera before..... I know he was a QVC salesmen before all of that, and one show had a clip of him singing...... man that dude can sing.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
he has a nice bum ;-)

Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 PM
I had lunch with him two years ago cause my cousin works for the show, seemed pretty normal, didn't come of ****y or anything not sure we even talked about dirty jobs. But I wish I could travel around the world doing different jobs, imagine all the cool stuff hes seen.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by bucky919
I had lunch with him two years ago cause my cousin works for the show, seemed pretty normal, didn't come of ****y or anything not sure we even talked about dirty jobs. But I wish I could travel around the world doing different jobs, imagine all the cool stuff hes seen.
Some very cool but some i would hate to do. You ever see him in the bottome of the sewage treatment plant changing the pump? no thank you.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by tardman91
I totally have a man-crush on Mike Rowe.
Originally Posted by buckdropper
he has a nice bum ;-)

all seriousness, I think he's a great spokesman and has a great honest good ole boy feeling about him and the way he acts

Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
He also gives good speeches. He is just a very well rounded and amazing guy... Wish there was more like him around.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I think using him was a good decision, along with many of the decisions Ford has made in the past couple years. There's a reason Ford didn't need a bailout. Not saying it was all because of Mike, but he and the commercials he promotes are surely a chunk of the puzzle.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I think he's a perfect choice. I love his show and his personality. He's the kind of average guy you would love to hang out with and have a few beers...

Old 05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
You should check out the site he started to help call attention to declining numbers in the skilled trades and celebrate hard work ... GREAT site

http://www.mikeroweworks.com/mikes-office/

Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
He's the real deal. Good call by Ford.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mike Rowe as Ford Spokesman