some more good obama reading

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
some more good obama reading

this was sent to me by another ex military guy. while it is older news its still worth reading. checked it out the best i could and it appears to all be true.

this is inexcusable and i cannot understand how anyone can support him. this is even worse than his attempt at humor involving the special olympics and his comment about the stupid police.

PRESIDENT OBAMA

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO LET THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES. WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE TO SHOW JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF OUR MILITARY WHO FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GET HURT PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM!!!

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty.The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal!!!

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that can't be true. I pray it's not.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Any references to this? Sounds a little too outlandish for a president to say.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Old 07-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Suspended
Old 07-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by projetmech
this was sent to me by another ex military guy. while it is older news its still worth reading. checked it out the best i could and it appears to all be true.

this is inexcusable and i cannot understand how anyone can support him. this is even worse than his attempt at humor involving the special olympics and his comment about the stupid police.

PRESIDENT OBAMA

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO LET THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES. WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE TO SHOW JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF OUR MILITARY WHO FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GET HURT PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM!!!

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty.The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal!!!

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."
But we are going to make sure every illegal immigrant has health care!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by houston_four
But we are going to make sure every illegal immigrant has health care!!!

Uhh, illegal immigrants have had health care for years. They go down to the county hospital, and often get emergency treatment (the most expensive kind).

Then taxpayers foot the bill. This is part of why health care costs are rising out of control.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
Uhh, illegal immigrants have had health care for years. They go down to the county hospital, and often get emergency treatment (the most expensive kind).

Then taxpayers foot the bill. This is part of why health care costs are rising out of control.
I think he might be making the point that the govt wants Veterans to take a hit to help out the economy meanwhile we (Americans) are paying for the bills of illegal immigrants.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
And he's right.

That's how we roll.

At least there won't be any illegal immigrants soon, once the government gives them amnesty.

Some of my ancestors that fought for this country are probabaly rolling over in their graves. But at least when they are 6' under, the government can't spit directly in their faces.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by DaMoose81
I think he might be making the point that the govt wants Veterans to take a hit to help out the economy meanwhile we (Americans) are paying for the bills of illegal immigrants.
You got it. I'm not defending illegal immigrants by any means

Old 07-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by alomar
You be sure to let us know when there is a discussion that is critical of Obama that you approve of. Ok?

Looking at one idea or proposal might not discredit a person. Looking at the sum of their actions can sure illuminate ones idiosyncrasies.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 AM
This can't be legit as the dumbest of presidents wouldn't be this stupid. I know there was talk of something like this but he wouldn't spew this!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by wittom
You be sure to let us know when there is a discussion that is critical of Obama that you approve of. Ok?
Yes mother, can I go play outside with Timmy before dinner now?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Obama did not say this. Believe me, as a veteran receiving benefits I have kept a wary eye on this man and his outrageous schemes, it is a false statement.

Those words were put into his moth by Jon Stewart's staff writers on Comedy Central.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by wittom

Looking at one idea or proposal might not discredit a person. Looking at the sum of their actions can sure illuminate ones idiosyncrasies.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/veteranshealth.asp

Hey guys, take a look at Snopes---Obama never said that---there were some things floated by his admin, but that absolutely cannot be attributed to him...OK?

And looking at quotes falsely attributed to a person(and quickly believed by those hungry for half-truths and non-truths), can and will illuminate one's idiosyncrasies (the same who hunger for any kind of half-truths and non-truths), OK? You hunger to hear the misinformation that drives you ill-informed opinions...anything that will back up your ideas, you grasp for,even if, sadly they are far from true. Dumb move on some admin's part, but wow,...Humorous that some would find that quote valid.

TSC

Last edited by referee54; 08-16-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: some more good obama reading