I am in love with my new Lariat

Old 04-13-2001, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I am in love with my new Lariat

Well, I got the new 01 Lariat on Tuesday. The first "new off the dealers lot" vehicle I have bought for myself since 1995. I ended up with the Oxford White/Arizona Beige. It had 13 miles on it when I picked it up. It has every option except for the CD changer, cab steps, the 5.4, and a moonroof. I switched my WEstin nerf bars, ARE LSII hard tonneau and the bug guard over from the 99.

There are some key improvements over the 99. The in dash cupholders are better, the blacked out grill looks better, the 17 inch wheels with BFG's are WAAYYYYYY better. The keypad on the door is fantastic. The 4.6 is more powerful than my 99 was. The biggest improvement by far is the seats. I have a 6-way power captains chair. It is supportive, I sit up higher, it looks tons better and the integrated seatbelts are awesome. The lumbar works better and the center console has a lot of usable space, I mean a LOT, it's HUGE.

About the only thing that was better on the 99 was the back seat flipped over instead of up, it offered a little more room.

IN closing, I have a revived interest in my truck. I will probably wash this one at least once a week (the 99 was washed about 4 times in almost two years of ownership). Thanks to all that endured my complaints about the 99. This new Lariat is a classy ride and I absolutely love it.

Old 04-13-2001, 04:55 AM
Question

BTW, does anyone know if there is a timer for the autolamp? They changed the autolamps controls and I don't know if there is a preset timer for the lights to turn off.

This techno-laziness is right up my alley.

Old 04-13-2001, 07:52 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Gee, I don't know about the timer but, if you had gotten the bench seat you would have more leather...

------------------
1999 Ford F150 Lariat RegCab shortbed 5.4L 3.55LS Towpkg Line-X
15.714@85.21

Old 04-13-2001, 04:56 PM
I have a feeling his new wife would have preferred the bench seat... Of course, considering his complaining about his old 40/60 seat, she's probably happier now that he's stopped his complaining!

Sounds like you got a cool truck. I don't recall if you got the 4x4 or 4x2.

Old 04-14-2001, 12:16 AM
And here is one instance where I can honestly say: Love is a beautiful thing.

Old 04-14-2001, 09:42 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by seacrow:
BTW, does anyone know if there is a timer for the autolamp? They changed the autolamps controls and I don't know if there is a preset timer for the lights to turn off.

This techno-laziness is right up my alley.
</font>
The new Autolamp has no controlable delay, but turns off in a few seconds. As far as turning on same thing factory preset to turn on when it stars getting dark.

Hey I am glad you like your new truck.

keep on truckin

Don

------------------
SILVER 2001 LIGHTNING
Built 02/14/01
Picked up 03/03/01
Sportmasters tonneau
Bedrug
Alpine head unit and six disk changer.
JL Audio speakers
Magnaflow muffler
JDM BigMouth Filter.

http://members.tripod.com/donf150/Welcome/id7.html

Old 04-15-2001, 09:19 AM
Talking

Raoul, did you say *bench seat*? Please refrain from using language like that on my thread Besides if I did go for another bench seat you and everyone else would have a lot more "reading" to do here.

Dennis, my wife is happy for me. I have not one complaint about the new truck. She agreed that the 40/60 was not the best seat. NOw she plays with the adjustable head rests on the new one. "Why Ford would ever put a stupid adjustable head rest on these trucks I'll never know...and furthermore....." LOL just kidding. The new seats are awesome.

Don C, I actually looked at and sat in a Silver Lightning. IF it were a SuperCab and came with captains chairs I'd own it.

ATST, I've already washed the truck once, my wife is jealous cause I haven't washed her since I've owned the new truck.

Old 04-15-2001, 07:56 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by seacrow:

ATST, I've already washed the truck once, my wife is jealous cause I haven't washed her since I've owned the new truck.
</font>
TMI, seacrow. TMI.
BTW, for those who don't know, TMI = Too Much Info.

Old 04-16-2001, 02:37 PM
The auto lamps are supposed to be preset to 20 seconds, but mine are just shy of 17 seconds. I wish they were adjustable though. I have my fog lights working with them though. Have how to's on my web site.

------------------
--Lariat4WD--

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Flareside 4x4 Lariat
5.4L;auto;3.55LS;Black/Charcoal;ORP;remote keyless;floor-shift 4wd;Class III;AM/FM/SingleCD
Mods so far:
Lund X-Terminator bug shield; Vent Shade Vent Visors; Westin Black step bars; Pendaliner bedliner; GSP black Safari Grille Guard; Clear corner lenses; under hitch backup lights; 2 KC Hilites Daylighter 6" 150W black round; Cranked torsion bars; 2 Polk Audio EX10 10" subs under rear seat; Sony XM754HX amp; Viper 300ESP alarm; NR Auto white/black gauges; changed silver 2-tone to dark charcoal, warranty paint work on bed sides and roof; removed all Lariat striping...for now. Body shop reapplying new ORP decals; 2001 Lightning tail lights; Husky catch-all liners; Custom 5.4L badges; Flowmaster 40 Delta Series SI/DO exhaust w/ dual 18" chrome angle cut tips out back
Pending
99 Z-28 chrome tips
Warranty Paint Work Pending
Hood being repainted due to acid rain damage
Wish list:
More lights; 2001 Lightning head lights & corners; Optima red top battery; Remote start & Prox. sensor; Custom center console housing 6.8" LCD and TV tuner & PS2; VCP; GPS; BedRug & Roll bar; Aluminum dash kit

<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1288981&a=10889838&p=46014765&Sequence=0&re s=high" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1288981&a=10889838&p=46014772&Sequence=0&re s=high" TARGET=_blank> </A>
<A HREF="http://www.bmgsite.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

2000 VW Cabrio GL (Wife's)
2.0L, auto, pw, pdl, pm, tilt, cruise
Green ext, black cloth int
Am/Fm/Cass w/ CD cgr
Subs & Amp pending.

<A HREF="http://www.autoleaseauthority.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

[This message has been edited by lariat4wd (edited 04-16-2001).]

Old 04-16-2001, 05:07 PM
You folks actually use the Autolamp? I absolutely hate them. I tried using them, but then, I'd stand there and wait for the lights to go out. Then, a while later, I'd go and check if the light was still out. I have this fear that when I have the Autolamp enabled that they will fail and I'll end up with a dead battery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am in love with my new Lariat