Have you seen the new E Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 08:49 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Have you seen the new E Mustang?

I hadn't and now wish I hadn't. Thought I was going to lose lunch. Can't believe Ford actually put the Mustang name on this eco-box. With all of the names available they had to use Mustang. I'd bet the farm that the Camaro guys are laughing their bowties off. And here it is:
https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/202...83!87149342627

Old 12-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Yep, I agree it's a travesty to put the Mustang name on that big battery. But, if anybody wants a V8 hot rod, it's about time to buy one. They will proably disappear soon. I'd love to have a Dodge Charger Scatpack but I can't rationalize wasting my retirement funds on one. But I do plan to keep my hemi Magnum!

Old 12-18-2019, 12:00 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
my first reaction was similar. Reminded me of late 2000s GM that you could buy the "SS" version of just about anything, They *****'d out "SS" name plate onto any and everything including the Equinox

I don't align or copy Doug's train of thought all the time, but he brought up some interesting points that are worth watching/considering

Old 12-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I couldn't get thru 11 minutes of Dougie Boys diatribe, the boy does love to pontificate, but I strongly disagree with him about using the Mustang badge to fight the Tesla name plate. He makes it sound like Mustang is the ONLY recognizable name plate in the Ford stables. I would have been far more receptive if it was called something like Fairlane and the "Premium" model called the Fairlane 300. The 300 obviously for the supposed range of the upgrade car. As I see it in the pics, the car is nothing more than a glossed over Mazda with a big battery under the drivers seat. Hardly worth the 37 grand for the standard model and more for the "premium" model. Putting the Mustang name on an car like this is blasphemy, at best. Ford has just sacrificed any future sales of the hot rod we've come to know as the Mustang. This is akin to GM putting a diesel 4 banger in a Corvette hatchback. It just ain't right.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Yeah, Fairlane 500 would have been a good name or even Falcon. They just poed all Mustang enthusisasts. I watched a video of a guy who drove his Tesla on a 30 hrs trip. 8 of the 30 hrs was required for charging. He rationalized the time by saying that he ate during the charging stops. These cars may be great for driving to work but you need a gasoline engined car to make trips with.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:57 PM
glc
Received 758 Likes on 702 Posts
I know someone who lives in Houston that bought a Tesla in Norfolk, and drove it back to Houston. Using Tesla Superchargers, he never had to spend more than 30 minutes per charge, enough time to grab a bite to eat and hit the bathroom. He was getting 300 miles per charge.

A lot of Tesla Superchargers are located within short walking distance of restaurants and hotels, they are fine for long trips.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:12 PM
I used to travel a lot between home and my contract jobs and drove 8 hrs to 18 hrs without stopping for anything but gas, bathroom relief and a maybe a burger. My stops were 5 to 15 minutes. This past summer I drove 6,125 miles to Montana and back. Charging batteries would have added significantly to my travel time. No electric car in my future.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:48 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
I'd love to have a Dodge Charger Scatpack but I can't rationalize wasting my retirement funds on one. But I do plan to keep my hemi Magnum!
You do realize they don’t put pockets in coffins, correct.....???

Old 12-20-2019, 08:50 AM
I agree with Roadie - “Falcon” would have been the perfect nameplate to use for this vehicle and very much in keeping with what the spirit of the original Falcon was......

Old 12-20-2019, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
You do realize they don’t put pockets in coffins, correct.....???
Yeah, but my wife is 17 yrs younger than me and she might need the money. The odds are that she will be around a long time after I kick the bucket. New vehicles aren't as important when you are older as it is when you are young and foolish. I've been fighting back the urge to buy a new truck for several years now. I could get a new truck and a new Scatpack for about $80k cash...... Maybe if I didn't tell her beforehand???? Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, right?

Old 12-20-2019, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Roadie
Yeah, but my wife is 17 yrs younger than me and she might need the money. The odds are that she will be around a long time after I kick the bucket. New vehicles aren't as important when you are older as it is when you are young and foolish. I've been fighting back the urge to buy a new truck for several years now. I could get a new truck and a new Scatpack for about $80k cash...... Maybe if I didn't tell her beforehand???? Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, right?
You could justify it this way - when you’re gone, her new boyfriend will love them......

Old 12-20-2019, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
You could justify it this way - when you’re gone, her new boyfriend will love them......
No one else could tolerate her!

Quick Reply: Have you seen the new E Mustang?