TCU Coach Gary Patterson leaves for KSU

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCU Coach Gary Patterson leaves for KSU

My roomate came home from work today (his job is a student football coach at KSU) saying that TCU head coach Gary Patterson (and KSU alumni) accepted the job as the new head coach of the KSU Football program. This was also announced on the KSU fan website GoPowercat.com.

TCU was ranked 12th in the nation this week, but lost Utah earlier in the week. Since becoming the head coach in 2000, he has recorded a 71-27 record.

How much does everyone think he can do with a BCS school in the hardest division in college football?

Last edited by kansasflareside; 11-07-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by kansasflareside
My roomate came home from work today (his job is a student football coach at KSU) saying that TCU head coach Gary Patterson (and KSU alumni) accepted the job as the new head coach of the KSU Football program. This was also announced on the KSU fan website GoPowercat.com.

TCU was ranked 12th in the nation this week, but lost Utah earlier in the week. Since becoming the head coach in 2000, he has recorded a 71-27 record.

How much does everyone think he can do with a BCS school in the hardest division in college football?
Ummmmm, apparently your roomate was wrong.
Go Hawks!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by screwbuilder
Go Hawks!!!
He was probably right but somebody at KSU couldn't keep his mouth shut. Might have been your friend. Kinda' like the Miles to Michigan "rumors".

Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by screwbuilder
Go Hawks!!!
Who says I'm wrong?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Who says I'm wrong?
Patterson on the radio in Dallas, your AD, Powercats.com and the Topeka Capital-Journal.

They probably had the contract signed for him to come after the season is over until your friend opened his big mouth.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Suspended

Lets just say, that if he does go to KSU...Texas Tech will beat them like an Arab that thinks his wife is cheating on him...

This comment is in reference to the Egyptian guy who killed his two daughters in Lewisville Tx. He thought they were becoming too Americanized and committed an honor killing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...d.7ba7cc6.html

Old 11-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Coach Patterson is a former assistant coach with the Pittsburg State University Gorillas, and an article is on the message boards at PSU about it. I don't remember how long he was here, but, he's obviously done well.

There is entirely too much pressure on college coaches these days, before we know it, they will be doing the same in high school sports! WIN at ALL COSTS!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan17
Patterson on the radio in Dallas, your AD, Powercats.com and the Topeka Capital-Journal.

They probably had the contract signed for him to come after the season is over until your friend opened his big mouth.
I've seen alot of places now saying that he isn't the new coach, which worries me. But at least to me, there seems to be too many places saying he wasnt hired as the new coach. It reminds me of when once KU Basketball coach Roy Williams announced, "Well, I'm staying" at a news confrence addressing the rumor of him leaving. Yet, two days later, he left to take the job at North Carolina.

I heard that KSU and Patterson have been talking for almost two weeks, even before the firing of Ron Prince. They made their official offer early this week after the emarassing loss to KU. Bob Krause simply walked into Ron Princes office and said "You're done as coach whether you quit, or we fire you." This would explain the unusual event of a coach leaving mid-week.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Have to put my two cents in I suppose.

Since Friday we know this:

1. The news this morning (gopowercat.com) states that Krause is in preliminary talks with someone, however he states that he has had no contact with Patterson at all.

2. We hear Friday that GP is irate at the KSU administration for even thinking about trying to line someone up before the season is over (I totally agree with GP here BTW). If this debacle in anyway hurts our chances with GP, some heads should roll.

This might all be a dog and pony show and GP could well indeed be the next head coach for KSU. He's just pissed that the news is out with a flagrant disregard to TCU's interests. Deny, deny, deny!!!

Gary Patterson was the right pick 3 years ago and he is the right pick now in my opinion, but will it happen? With Krause and Wefald in charge and the events over the course of the last four days, I have my doubts.

Get ready for the second coming of Bill Snyder!

Quick Reply: TCU Coach Gary Patterson leaves for KSU