How far can you go after the low fuel light comes on ?

Old 01-28-2000, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That brings up a related question. I am sitting here with a Superchip in the box and 1/4 tank of gas. I need to fill up today cause it might snow this weekend. Should I fill up with high test now and install this weekend (18 mile trip to home but inclement weather might interfer with install)? Or refill with regular and wait and install the SC when it gets low again?

Old 01-28-2000, 03:59 PM
cphilip- I had the same senario. 1/4 tank of 87 oct. and a new chip install. I went ahead and tanked up with the 'good stuff' and then installed the chip over the weekend. Having the high octane, and high dollar, gas in the tank was an added incentive. Get that chip in there, brother, you'll be impressed.

-R

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat SB Supercab 4x4 Off-Road Pkg, Tow Pkg. 5.4L, 3.55 LS rear, Bright Red over Silver, Med. Graphite Guts, Rear Slider, K&N Filter, Cabin Filtration System, Superchip, Mobil 1.

Old 01-28-2000, 04:20 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Exclamation

As posted I try not to let the LOW FUEL light come on, but it has once or twice( this in my truck) I went no longer than 25 miles before put gas in it. My T-Bird is a different story altogther , I can go 35 , 40 miles when it(Fuel Light) comes on!!!!Lariat#1

------------------
1997 Red/Silver F150 Lariat Flareside 3 Dr. SC..... ORP & Tow Package, Complete Lariat Option Package ,{APPEARANCE} AVS Carbon Fiber Headlite Covers, Tail Lite Slots & Door Sill Protectors,Owens Fg. Step Boards, Tinted Windows,Ford 2-Piece Bra,20" Chrome Exhaust Tips,A.R.E Bed Cover Lid,Pendaliner Inner Tail Gate Protector,Zie-Bart Total Paint & Under Coating W/ Sounder Deadener Protection, #1 Ford Truck Plate under glass on Front Bumper,Custom made Ford Red Window Decals,Blue Tinted Rear Lic. Plate Protector,Blue Billet Valve Stem Caps, Ford Chrome Hitch Receiver Cover {PERFORMANCE} 4.6L WINDSOR Auto, 3.55LS, 4-Wheel ABS,Platinum 3 Spark Plugs,K&N Air Filter W/ modified stock MAF side air box,Custom Cold Air Chamber (Dam) to keep hot air from K&N Air Filter,Tornado Air Man.,WMS Velocity Tube,Dual Exhaust System W/Stock Muffler,Performance Fiction Carbon Metallic Z-Rated Disc Brake Pads,Goodyear Wrangler A/TS Tires,55 Watt Halogen(replacement) Reverse Lites, Pilot 55 watt Halogen (add-on) Reverse Lites on Hitch under truck,Driving Lamps upgraded to 55 Watt Cool Blue Halogen Bulbs,Driving Lamps(Foglites) work W/ High Beams On & Driving Lamps(Foglites) also work (ON or OFF) W/ Park Lamps On W/Switched Relay {AUDIO} Stock In-Dash Cass. W/6 Disc Changer & 4 Stock Speakers,Trenz Billet #3 Antenna {SECURITY} Ford Total Security System W/ Motion Alarm All on factory Key Fob,Ford Warning Decals on Windows,A.R.E Cover & Hood also wired to Alarm System This is LARIAT#1..... IN The Great State Of Indiana "Where more than corn grows in Indiana".........http://hometown.aol.com/terrylariat1...page/auto.html A Very Proud Member of ...www.f150online.com

Old 01-29-2000, 04:43 PM
Thanks Revis, But I got screwed on it this weekend. Had an Ice storm coming in. Plus I am starting to come down with the flu. Its still going on and I was afraid if we lost power and I was sick I would not get it in so I was forced to refill with regular Friday evening. Crap! Have to wait now till its gone but I will only wait until less than 1/4 tank.

Old 01-31-2000, 05:09 PM
I have a 25 Gallon tank.
I am filling up with 88 liters(23.25 Gallons) or more shortly after the light had come on.
If there were 4.6 Gallons left,don't you think my tank would have been running over.
Once, I have filled up with 94 Liters(24.83 Gallons),almost running over but the lowfuellight had just come on.

How do you explain this?
How much liters/gallons would fit in that 'hose' do you think.

Reg.Cab Shortbed,4x2

------------------
99 F150 XLT V8 5.4 L Automatic
Regular Cab,Styleside,ShortBed
Bright Red,5 spoke Lariat Rims
Single CD-player,Class 3 Hitch
Pace Edwards Roll Top Cover
Dual exhaust at the back
Stainless Steel Gibson Tips 2.5"-3"

The Bright Red One

[This message has been edited by F150Europe (edited 01-31-2000).]

Old 02-01-2000, 09:38 AM
Lightbulb

Europe,
I just filled my tank with 21.03 gallons (79.6 L) and it registers 232, I guess my theory doesn't hold true. The electronic level isn't as 'intelligent' as I had assumed, it just stops at 232. The actual level won't register until after the fuel level drops a bit. I figured that it would go all the way up to 254, but anything above 232 must only be for other-than-measurement purpose. The only use for that code would be to determine what the tank is registering with more accuracy than looking at the guage.

------------------
'99 Lariat Supercab
5.4L, 3.73 LSD, 4x4
265/70R17 GY Wrang. AT/S
(I can see for miles up here.)
4-leaf springs
K&N filter

Old 02-01-2000, 11:00 AM
I never go below a 1/4 tank so I don't know. Don't plan on finding out either since it can damage your fuel pump.

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster w/dual tailpipes, Bosch+4 plugs,MSD 8.5 wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars.
Kenwood 4011 stereo, Rockford 150a1 amp, Profile electronic crossover, and 2 10" JBL's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How far can you go after the low fuel light comes on ?