Unstoppable...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unstoppable...

Did you guys/gals go see the movie? What did you think?

I enjoyed it- I thought it was pretty quick (98 minutes) but it was fairly entertaining. We went weekend #2, thinking the rush would be over. Well, I was sadly mistaken. Friday night the theater was packed, the only open seats were on the front row (neck-brace seating) so we got our money back, and got advanced tickets for Saturday night.

We went back, and got there an hour early. The theater was packed that night too.

As for the movie- I thought it was well done. I don't know a lot about trains, other than the fact that you're in a world of hurt if you get stuck on the tracks, and can't move.

I was able to find this movie was based upon a similar incident that took place in 2001, when a CSX train got away, and supposeldy ran for 66 miles before it was caught.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:54 PM
I saw it and I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen lately. I wouldn't mind seeing it again and if you live or have been around the PA area than this will hit home. Excellent movie

Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Been there done that plot. Characters I really didn't warm up to. Some good train scenes.....

Old 11-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
I saw it and I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen lately. I wouldn't mind seeing it again and if you live or have been around the PA area than this will hit home. Excellent movie
I've been trying to find that "Stanton Curve" on Google, if it's really that treacherous, that's not a good thing.

I still kick myself when I recall turning down the offer to ride the freight train from California to Fort Hood. That joker had 4 engines, and was agt least a mile long.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but want to. I hear the train is the star of the movie.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
Haven't seen it yet, but want to. I hear the train is the star of the movie.
Denzel and Chris did good jobs too. The train did it's part, but you might want to get out of your seat and smack a couple of slackers, within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-0Ywc7wNY

Last edited by Bighersh; 11-28-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Denzel and Chris did good jobs too. The train did it's part, but you might want to get out of your seat and smack a couple of slackers, within the first 10 minutes of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-0Ywc7wNY
Yeah, I wouldn't mind looking at Chris Pine for 98 minutes.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
I've been trying to find that "Stanton Curve" on Google, if it's really that treacherous, that's not a good thing.

I still kick myself when I recall turning down the offer to ride the freight train from California to Fort Hood. That joker had 4 engines, and was agt least a mile long.
Wikipedia

Production was headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where the fictional railroad depicted in the movie, the "Allegheny and West Virginia Railroad," is headquartered. Filming took place in a broad area around there including the Ohio cities of Martins Ferry, Bellaire, Mingo Junction, Steubenville and Brewster,[14] and in the Pennsylvania cities of Pittsburgh,[15] Emporium, Milesburg, Tyrone, Julian, Unionville, Port Matilda, Bradford, Monaca, Eldred, Turtlepoint, Port Allegany and Carnegie,[16] and also in Portville and Olean, New York.[17] The real-life bridge and elevated curve in a climactic scene are located in Bellaire, Ohio[18]. A two-day filming session took place at the Hooters restaurant in Monroeville, Pennsylvania (a Pittsburgh suburb), featuring 10 Hooters Girls from across the United States. Some interior scenes were shot at Mogul Media Studios on 31st street in Pittsburgh. Filming began on August 31, 2009[19] for a release on November 12, 2010.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Suspended
I love the director and Denzel for their work in Man on Fire.

That being said, I can't bring myself to go see a movie about a run-away train. Might catch my attention if I was 12.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by dlenkewich
I love the director and Denzel for their work in Man on Fire.

That being said, I can't bring myself to go see a movie about a run-away train. Might catch my attention if I was 12.
It's about more than the train. It's about employee ignorance/negligence. Corporate management & decision making- and how they make sweeping decisions all the while ignoring their local managers, and the extra-ordinary effort required to saqlvage situations once their ill-conceived decisions are implemented...

That, plus my son (6) loves trains, and he loves crashing (Burnout- video game). As soon as he saw the trailer, he was hooked. I like trains too (Ever been to the train museum in Sacramento CA?) so it was a win-win.

He wanted to see trains, I like trains, typically solid acting by Denzel- and after Star Trek I'm a Chris Pine fan too. Hardly any profanity... Not a bad way to spend 98 minutes on family entertainment.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like trains. I seen it today, and thought it was a pretty good movie. Very real Corporate management behavior.