What are you doing for the long weekend??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing for the long weekend??

Well, what are you doing for the long weekend??

Me not much. I have a friggen wedding to go to out of town and other then that? that;s it. Very low key. Might go fishing and drink some beer.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Same thing I do every weekend; work on my Trans Am.
Mostly I'll be applying POR-15 to the rear axle and if it dries fast enough, I'll start working on the gears. I'll probably get a lot of work done on the interior (I finished putting the dash back together last weekend).

My best friend and his woman will probably stop by for a simple BBQ Sunday afternoon.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Sleepin', swimmin', and eatin' fried chicken!

(Damn -- I think I've been living down South too long!)

Old 09-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Going to take it easy I guess. Tomorrow night, the wife and I are taking some neighbors to the Granbury Opera House. Granbury is a small town about 40 miles from us. they have a small Opera house that was built in the late 1800s and has been restored. They put on live shows, we will be seeing one called The Night the Music Died. It is a reenactment of the last show in Clearlake, Iowa put on by Buddy Holley, The Big Bopper and Richie Valens, the night before their plane crash. I think we will enjoy that.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Finish the brakes...
put the steering column back together...
clean the floor and install carpet and trim...
hopefully fire it up, and possibly even take it around the block (no windsheild yet, though)...

Old 09-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Prolly spending more money. Mom just went to Connecticut to visit my brother and get her car fixed. Long story, but a tree fell on it, and the body shop up there is really good and we trust them...Anyway, my brother just calls me ( he works at a Ford dealership) and says there might be a change of plans with getting the car fixed. I'm like wtf now? He says he can get her a good deal on a trade in, even though it's damaged and as always get the D plan on a new car. I talked to Mom and shes all for it....Just has to go drive it and pick out the color she wants.

Why then, will I be spending money you ask? Because she wants to be at a certain payment like most of us, so i told her if she really wants it, I'll make the downpayment of whatever it will take to get her to the payment she wants. I did the same thing when she bought her Five Hundred last year.

I guess it's the least I can do after all the years I tourchered her

BREW

Old 09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
It is a reenactment of the last show in Clearlake, Iowa put on by Buddy Holley, The Big Bopper and Richie Valens, the night before their plane crash. I think we will enjoy that.
Yep -- they were flying to put on a show the next night in my old stomping grounds -- Moorhead, Minnesota.

I think they have now erected a little plaque at the site of the plane crash. It's just out in the middle of an Iowa cornfield. I'd like to swing by and see it the next time I'm in the area.

The Buddy Holly Museum up in Lubbock is also pretty interesting -- definitely worth the few bucks to get in!

Old 09-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Sleep. It's been a loooooooooong week.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Going to take it easy I guess. Tomorrow night, the wife and I are taking some neighbors to the Granbury Opera House. Granbury is a small town about 40 miles from us. they have a small Opera house that was built in the late 1800s and has been restored. They put on live shows, we will be seeing one called The Night the Music Died. It is a reenactment of the last show in Clearlake, Iowa put on by Buddy Holley, The Big Bopper and Richie Valens, the night before their plane crash. I think we will enjoy that.

Sounds pretty cool. We have a place here called Cape May Stage. It's an old playhouse that they remodeled and now put on plays. A few months ago I went to see Dracula. It was a one man show so I was a little worried at first, but man it was really good. I'd go see it again.

BREW

Old 09-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
I did the same thing when she bought her Five Hundred last year.
What's she getting instead?

I had a 500 as a rental car this week up in Newark -- it was the first time I had ever driven one.

I thought the car itself was really nice, but damn was it underpowered! If that car had a peppier engine in it I'd consider looking at one the next time I was in the market.

Instead I kept checking to make sure I didn't have the parking brake on....

Old 09-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
What's she getting instead?

I had a 500 as a rental car this week up in Newark -- it was the first time I had ever driven one.

I thought the car itself was really nice, but damn was it underpowered! If that car had a peppier engine in it I'd consider looking at one the next time I was in the market.

Instead I kept checking to make sure I didn't have the parking brake on....

I know what you mean about it being underpowered. Althogu it's not slow, it could use a little more power. Plus the rear suspension seems a little too..stiff/rough/whatever. If you have anyone in the back seat and go over a bump, it hits pretty hard in the back. Anyway, she's had her eye on the Fusion for a while and thats what she wants to get. So if she likes the room it has in it and the way it drives, I'm guessing by tomorrow afternoon she will have her new Fusion

BREW

Old 09-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Getting out of town, and heading up to the cabin in the woods...Probably hawk some of the golf ***** I lost this summer on the course.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Sleeping Saturday and working Sunday and Monday. Mmmm double time and a half.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gonna work on the wifes Nissan Altima and get it running (new battery, oil change, air filter, plugs and wires). It's been sitting for a awhile. I figured I'd drive that. I'm gonna park the Heritage for a little while and give her a break. 2004 with 52+ thousands miles already...poor baby needs a break.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Two chics at the same time.........

Quick Reply: What are you doing for the long weekend??