Dirt bike accident exhaust burnt my arm pics inside

Old 03-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dirt bike accident exhaust burnt my arm pics inside

Got into a dirt bike accident yesterday, bike fell ontop of me, exhaust pipe landed on my upper right arm, and burnt me.... I wasnt wearing my helmet, and bike hit me in the head also, and had to get a couple of staples put in...

Here is what happened to my arm: 3rd degree burn...

Old 03-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch...that's gotta hurt. I had the same type of burn from a Corvette side pipe. Still have a slight scar. I feel your pain.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Suspended
get Flamazean cream ( I spelt it wrong ) Has silver nitrate in it, and it works awsome...Your doctor should give you a perscription....and you have to keep the burn area clean...once it starts to heal, than it will hurt and itch....I have been thier...

Old 03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
That'll buff right out....

Old 03-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah that sucks, I did that a couple of years back with a go-cart, it took about a month to completely heal and for the scab to come off. At least the exhaust pipe was hot enough to completely carterize the wound.... I still have a pretty good scar. but the pigment came back...

the best thing to do, is to go to the store and get some vitamin E oil, and put it on the burn several times a day, until it heals. This will ease the scarring and promote faster skin regeneration.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ddellwo
That'll buff right out....
Where's RockPick?

But seriously, that sucks man. You should really wear a helmet. It's saved my *** a couple of times on my 4 wheeler.
And that burn sucks even worse. Been there, done that. Whatever you do, don't pick at it! If you let it heal real nice you'll probably not have that bad of a scar in a few years.

And how did you manage to get the exhaust pipe on your upper arm? What were you doing?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by -TXF150-
bike fell ontop of me

bike hit me in the head also

This boys & girls is why KC-10 FE DOESN'T ride dirt bikes... I feel for you dude... If riding off road is your thing, keep it up. The world could use more people on two wheels. Ride safe & always wear a helmet. The benifits of a helmet far out weigh the risk.

I spent 3 hours today planning my next trip to the Blue Ridge & Smoky Mountains in May...

KC-10 FE out...

Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Ouch

Old 03-28-2006, 04:02 AM
I think OUCH is a little bit of an understatement. Keep that thing clean bro, burns are nasty if they get infected.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:21 AM
Suspended
Another reminder of why I don't even get on a bike, I'm afraid I'll like it too much and end up with a nasty burn or injury like that- ouch! Hope everything heals ok for you though man, that's no fun!

And like others said, wear the helmet and full body gears ALWAYS. My brother JUST witnessed a horrific accident on the highway with a biker that had a helmet AND full padded jacket and the guy might have died even still...as my brother had to leave the scene to chase the guy down that CAUSED the accident and fled. He said the guy turned over, and moaned, but we didn't hear what happened. Without the helmet and jacket my brother said there is no doubt in his mind he would have been dead FOR SURE.

Food for thought

Old 03-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Let's hope my wife doesn't see this. What part of the exhaust landed on you?

Old 03-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by lrhogfan
Let's hope my wife doesn't see this. What part of the exhaust landed on you?
The hot part

Old 03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Looks like a bad one man...Ive burnt myself on my pipe, but it was just from touching it after riding it. You'll have a cool scar afterwards though.

On another note, and this is coming from another rider...WEAR YOUR DAMN HELMET MAN!!, HIT YOUR HEAD HARD ENOUGH, OR WRONG AND YOU MAY BE A VEGETABLE MAN. Have to protecy your noggen dude. The only time I ever do not wear my helmet is if i just need to warm it up and ride it around the yard....no jumping, and try to avoid wheelies...

Old 03-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Dude that gonna be a awesome scar. Well anyway how the heck did you make the bike land on top of you?

Old 03-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Slather it with LOTS of Vitamin E oil.
My BIL had his dirtbike fall on his leg. Broke the leg, fried his leg on the pipe, had an operation to fix, took AGES to heal, got infected, re-operated on, loooooooong heal time, more infection, skin grafts (from his A$$) then his Mom (retired nurse from burn unit) arrived to care for him. Used lots of VitaminE. Healed pretty good, but still scarred.
I think since then he has broken his other leg and one arm. I think he should hang up the keys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dirt bike accident exhaust burnt my arm pics inside