Howard Stern

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 04:54 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howard Stern

Now while i am not a huge Howard fan i do on occasion listen to his show and have been for many years. I have a long drive each way to work and i listen to him on my drive home maybe 3 xs a week for an hour. Now he is moving to satellite radio. Is anyone following him there, i am thinking of getting sat radio just to get away from all the boring regular stations and all them dam commercials that last for 5 or more minutes. What do you guys think is it worth the money each month for satellite i mean we pay big bucks for cable or direct tv why not radio. Today is his last show on regular radio. Dam the FCC.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:07 AM
I love Howard and i am going to miss his show so much! I am not at this moment going to buy the radio, its not the intial investment but the monthly charge, just not sure its worth it for an hour before work, cant listen at work. Good bye Howard its been a good run!

Old 12-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Sorry...I can't stand Stern. I listened to him a few years ago and just got tired of his same old same-old. I'm with mareys on the radio thing...I don't need another monthly payment.

MR

Old 12-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by MROLDV8
Sorry...I can't stand Stern. I listened to him a few years ago and just got tired of his same old same-old. I'm with mareys on the radio thing...I don't need another monthly payment.

MR
Ditto Ditto Ditto

Old 12-16-2005, 08:04 AM
I've listened to Stern for the past few years. He's OK but I'm really not going to miss him. In the past month the show has sucked. This saying good-bye crap is boring. I'm also not interested in hearing his (slanted) opinions on politics either.

I may get satellite radio someday. Mostly because the music on "free" radio sucks. There is a bunch of good music we don't get to hear on "free" radio.

In addition, I'm getting old, fast. I listen to talk radio on AM. I find it interesting.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I use the radio for one thing...and one thing only....TO LISTEN TO MUSIC.....I wish ALL talk shows would go the way of the dinosaur....

Old 12-16-2005, 10:16 AM
A co-worker of mine just had his final live broadcast on, I say good riddance to the self proclaimed "King of all Media"... He's annoying, arrogant and still doing the show he was when I listened to him in high school 9 years ago. Back then all he could do was tell everyone how great Private Parts was (I still have not watched it), now it seems like he's always on his soapbox.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by buckdropper
.... Is anyone following him there,...
This is a win-win-win situation.

1) He's gone from my dial.
2) He can still make a living.
3) The people that want him can pay for the privilige.

oh, one more....
did I say, he's gone from my dial?

Old 12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
I use the radio for one thing...and one thing only....TO LISTEN TO MUSIC.....I wish ALL talk shows would go the way of the dinosaur....

See I'm just the opposite. I only listen to broadcast radio for talk radio which is probably 90% of my radio time. I have XM and it is great but really dont use it that much. My IPOD and mp3 player in the truck take care of my music needs. I'm probably wasting that monthly payment but I do like having XM in the house.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
I've got Sirius, and love it! I don't even listen to FM anymore, in fact I don't even have an antenna on the Stang anymore (unless you consider that little knub filling the hole)... I gladly pay $11 a month to listen to good music anywhere I go, plus comedy, Discovery channel, talk radio, etc, etc...

I however, don't give a rat's *** about stern, and am really disappointed at how much money Sirius wasted on him. That could have gone towards updating equipment, new equipment, new research to make my satellite experience more enjoyable, anything, but his sorry ***...

Old 12-16-2005, 12:38 PM
we have XM in the wifes car. its just like cable at home, flicking through lots of crap to stop on something for 3 mintues before flicking through all the crap again.

i much prefer playing cd's in the car, and if the car was my primary transportation i would drop the XM.

a pet peeve of mine with the satellite is what i consider the far too frequent loss of signal from going under bridges, or by other obstructions. it annoys me.

i dont think its worth the cost.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by billycouldride
we have XM in the wifes car. its just like cable at home, flicking through lots of crap to stop on something for 3 mintues before flicking through all the crap again.

i much prefer playing cd's in the car, and if the car was my primary transportation i would drop the XM.

a pet peeve of mine with the satellite is what i consider the far too frequent loss of signal from going under bridges, or by other obstructions. it annoys me.

i dont think its worth the cost.

I would agree with you 95%. I only purchased XM for MLB....so, when I am not listening to the games....I am either flipping through the Comedy channel and the crappy rock channel....

...I will eventually purchase an MP3 palyer....but I am waiting for prices to come down....

Old 12-17-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by MROLDV8

MR
Originally Posted by RED WING NUT
Ditto Ditto Ditto
Ditto Ditto Ditto here too!!

Old 12-17-2005, 08:21 AM
I enjoy his show when he starts to get guests on, at 6:00 it isn't but a bunch of rants and what i did last night stuff.

Whether you like him or not, he has had a huge impact on radio since he has been on the air. Though some complain about the content of the show , they apparently still listen or how would they know what to complain about, and if no one listened, he wouldn't have made it this far.

$500,000,000.00 over 5 years is a buttload of money to pay for something that no one likes.

As for his show it has gone downhill in the last 8 or 10 years because of the FCC and the Infinity bowing to the FCC pressures to censor it.

I don't have Sirrius or XM and really have no intention of getting it in the near future. But I will miss the show. Only wish we on the East coast were getting Corrola instaed of DLR. I can't count the nights I listened to Love Line and just howled at some of the stuff he came up with. You people on the West coast are lucky sob's to get him.

Any Bob & Tom fans out there, there show sucks to now that Janet's breast made an appearance. They had some funny stuff, lucky i have a bunch of the Cds and can listen to it whenever I want.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I love my XM!! No commmercials! TONS of different CONTINUOUS music! For $12/month, it's a deal. The argument of "not wanting another monthly payment" is a load of crap in my book. What's $12 a month? I'll just eat out one time less per month and my radio is MORE than paid for.

Quick Reply: Howard Stern