Oh no!!!!!!!! Jury duty. AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh no!!!!!!!! Jury duty. AGAIN!

I've been called to jury duty once again! This time I'm on standby(By phone luckily!) for 2 weeks! Jury duty should be mandatory for all the old folks or people like my mom who sits home on their azzes and have nothing better to do. I'm a busy M.F'er for about the next 6 months, So I really aint got time to go sit and listen about some punk who robbed someone, Much less call a# every night and hope to get through! You want my insight on the matter??? SHOOT his azz! I would have!

Old 10-21-2005, 04:06 PM
My mom recieved her notice of possible jury duty shes 85 .. there should be some sort of age cutoff . this has her shaking in fear . she doesnt drive doesnt have drivers licence. wtf

I told her if they do call her for interview to say she wants to see someone get the electric chair and Hopes that since she was one of the reasons for this person getting the chair.. if she would get a invite to the exection and to ask ifn the dude/dudette has ear rings if they will leave them in cause shes wants to see the sparks flying out of their ears .................................

Old 10-21-2005, 04:13 PM
If work can supply you with the necessary paperwork stating your necessity to the company you will most likely be dismissed.

And for zacky: If she can't legally drive and has no one to play chauffer (sp?) then she can be dismissed immediately. Call and explain it to the court clerks.

I got out of jury duty just by stating that I am logged into a news site at all times in addition to reading the paper daily and listening to the radio news frequently. There are hundreds of ways out of it. Get creative.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang it I'm going to jail!

I got my notice that I am on call for jury service from Nov 7, 05 - Feb 6, 06.

Came with a form to fill out, I was suppose to fill it out and return it within 10 days of reciept. Today was 10 days! It says that I may be held for contempt of court now!

Old 10-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
Dang it I'm going to jail!

I got my notice that I am on call for jury service from Nov 7, 05 - Feb 6, 06.

Came with a form to fill out, I was suppose to fill it out and return it within 10 days of reciept. Today was 10 days! It says that I may be held for contempt of court now!

registered mail? did you sign for it?

No? then the letter got lost in the mail.

"show me my signature where I signed for receipt of this notice to appear"

Old 10-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Opps that letter just fell into the shredder.

Originally Posted by J-150
registered mail? did you sign for it?

No? then the letter got lost in the mail.

"show me my signature where I signed for receipt of this notice to appear"
Thank you, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Matt-
Keep in mind that they have lots of people who ignore the first letter. Just be kind and eager when they contact you a second time, or else you might get threatened with a 'contempt' charge.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:26 PM
That sucks. My first and only time to jury duty was grand jury duty so they can't call me for a few more years

Old 10-21-2005, 05:43 PM
It wouldnt be so bad except I just went in for Jury selection last year. It took them 3 days to select 12 people. Most of that time was spent idely waiting. I didn't get selected so I only got I think it was 5¢ per day. Which was more of an insult inducing disquist. It cost more to pay someone to print that check, the paper the check was printed on was worth more than the amount it was made for, the posatge to mail it to me was more than the check. Plus I was out of work for 3 days with out pay. If your going to compensate me then compensate. But dont ask me to do a favor and think that you are paying me. I'm not that cheap.

It was actually an interesting case, I really wanted to hear it. But I left feeling like they wasted more than 160 man hours of time between all of us prosepctive jurors that were not selected. Then my personal feelings were like I was the kid no one wanted on thier dodge ball team at recess. If you don't want me to play then don't invite me to the game!

I really did mean to complete the form and send it back. I just kept procrastating, it kept getting moved around my desk until I forgot that it was due today. That seems to happen to me alot. Maybe I should look for some orginization and anti-procrastination classes to attend. :o

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 10-21-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Just do what I did, it worked years ago for the city jury system and now for the county system. I put on my qualification form (I feel the judicial system is a farce, and if I get picked to sit on a jury, the defendant is going to friggin jail) two weeks later, I got my notice that I was excused

Old 10-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Last time I got jury duty was for one of those deals where you aren't at a trial per se, the county DA presents a list of cases and you and your peers vote to determine what goes to court and what doesn't. I forget what it was called exactly, but it was about a year ago, it took all day (from 9 AM to about 3 that afternoon), and I got paid 20 bucks.

A few months ago, I got a letter in the mail saying that I'm on retainer to serve on a jury at our district court in Macon for up to a year if necessary.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by zacky
My mom recieved her notice of possible jury duty shes 85 .. there should be some sort of age cutoff . this has her shaking in fear . she doesnt drive doesnt have drivers licence. wtf

I told her if they do call her for interview to say she wants to see someone get the electric chair and Hopes that since she was one of the reasons for this person getting the chair.. if she would get a invite to the exection and to ask ifn the dude/dudette has ear rings if they will leave them in cause shes wants to see the sparks flying out of their ears .................................
My mother is 82 and was called last year. She called the clerk of court and explained her age and reluctance to drive to the county seat for trials. The clerk called her back that afternoon and told her she didn't have to come down at all, her name was removed from the list.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=FRANKS RED 03]Jury duty should be mandatory for all the old folks or people like my mom who sits home on their azzes and have nothing better to do. I'm a busy M.F'er for about the next 6 months, QUOTE]

And that, my friends, is why OJ Simpson is playing golf in Florida.

Dave

Old 10-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my county, you don't get the option of calling in (or at least they go out of their way to hide that option). When I was called up last year, I was given a number to call that was hooked up to an elaborate voicemail system telling you what time and day to show up based on a code on your paperwork. I showed up at 8AM on my day and it was after lunch before I ever had the opportunity to even speak with anyone of any authority whatsoever.

Yeah, I hate people. Especially people who cause disruption in my life when I have no possible way to prevent it. Fookin' gummint employee idjuts top the list.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I wouldn't mind doin some jury duty. Unless they lock me alone and cut off in a hotel room. I'd go through ford truck withdraw.

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: Oh no!!!!!!!! Jury duty. AGAIN!