Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but...

I think that people at Ford Truck World are stuck up at times. Every time I post a question (GOD forbid it would be in the wrong forum; the moderators over there think they're God Almighty) it gets moved. I joined the KY chapter since I'm living here close to Lexington now, but I'm in college so I don't have a whole lot of free time. I didn't post over there for like 3 months and now no one will even bother to talk to me within my own chapter.

About the mod thing, I know they're doing their jobs and all, but they've created so damn many forums and such that there is no reasonable way to post a question where it will be ANSWERED without it being moved. AND if they move it, they don't even notify you of it. You go back to look for answers for a question or a post you made, and it's gone!

I think that people here are the nicest damn group of people in the world. Tomorrow I'm taking my FordTruckWorld.com sticker down, and I'm going to request that my membership be cancelled. From now on, it's only F-150online for me!

-Flea

Old 05-11-2003, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their bbs software is not very user friendly. They dont go for flames over there but as far as getting good info its a hit or miss.

Old 05-11-2003, 07:20 AM
Love it here ! Ive never even been on another 150 site, promise.

Old 05-11-2003, 09:09 AM
Like I got time to go over there

Old 05-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Not a big fan of it either !It's a store first, magazine second, and a web board third... Takes too long to load up? and i have DSL? I like the chapter idea but i don't have time for MOD PARTYS? I like doing my own MODDING! I wish we could chapterise over here..Too much politics i think.....

Old 05-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Gator when is your post count going to flip like an odometer? Hehh Hehh......

Old 05-11-2003, 10:35 AM
JD
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (originally from Kearny, New Jersey)
World What?

Not for me. I've been coming here for seems like forever. I popped over there like twice, mainly because a hyperlink took me there. All the answers you need are here, and heck, I don't have the chance to read everything there's so much....

Old 05-11-2003, 11:29 AM
If you notice it's mostly Canadian, at least the moderators. I didn't have to get ask for my membership to be cancelled. They kicked me off because of my comments about Canada being a liberal country. Kinda like 01XLT's posts. It was to the point , no foul language just a sharp edged opinion. The person that I disagreed with happened to be a moderator. Well the rest is history. Good riddance to FTW and their one way attitude.

Old 05-11-2003, 12:06 PM
That's too bad canyonslicker, Canada is indeed a liberal country, no question about it. I would think most people knew that, especially other Canadians.

As far as FTW goes, I like their site, and I like this one, it's all good. There's a lot of good info available on both sites.

All these online sites have done quite a bit to help the Ford owner gain new knowledge and info, and I'm glad we have these resources available to us.

We have some excellent debates over here, and I think it's due to membership being slightly older. (Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it)

Habibi

Old 05-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by canyonslicker
If you notice it's mostly Canadian, at least the moderators. I didn't have to get ask for my membership to be cancelled. They kicked me off because of my comments about Canada being a liberal country. Kinda like 01XLT's posts. It was to the point , no foul language just a sharp edged opinion. The person that I disagreed with happened to be a moderator. Well the rest is history. Good riddance to FTW and their one way attitude.

You mean to tell me that they wouldn't like little ol' innocent me over there?

Well, hmmmm...

Screw that I have no time to play over there. I like this site here for a few reasons. First to me it feels like a family, a real family as in we have our serious times when needing help with something on our trucks you can ask a question and it is like walking into a university because there are so many people here that have a wealth of information.

Second and kind of goes to the theme of the university is this site is like a major school. As for myself I have learned a great deal since being here just from posting a few of my own questions but more so from just reading tons of other posts on a variety of subjects.

Third, I feel this site is an absolutely professional ran site. From the layout to navigating around it to how the webmaster and/or moderators will let post take there course even when getting a bit heated. In other words not closing a thread based on what they (webmaster and/or moderators) don’t agree with so long as it is not violating the stated rules.

Finally, back to the family and the “General Discussion” forum. This is an area that just feels like your out on the porch, in a bar, at a club or just some get away to hang out with friends and BS about anything, be it from jokes to politics, to really what ever someone wants to just talk about. I as others have been in some heated debates on different subjects but at the end of the day there is a lot of respect for one another and it never really goes over the edge. Again the webmaster and/or moderators let things go unless there is something just to out of control. As I said I have been in some heated debates with people here (all I consider family, except the occasional trolls) and have never been in a thread that got closed or been warned about what I may have been talking about.

That all goes back to, in my opinion, on just how professional ran this site is. I believe they (those that run this site) have enough confidence in the people here that they know to a point it will be self policed, if you will, or not let things get out of control. Regardless of what someone may believe, or what products they may like over another, or how much someone may disagree with me, for me they are all friends all a part of a family and I truly believe that is what sets this site far and beyond any other technical site on the web.

Old 05-11-2003, 02:33 PM
The BEST thing they ever did for me was ban me! Seems they had a mole/weasel/spy/CRY BABY whom shall remain nameless since he's not worth the attention or thought, who didn't like the fact I spoke my mind here. HERE - NOT THERE!
He "reported" me to TomZ - NY Chapter Pres who banned me w/in 30 min - DELETED my gallery w/NO chance of saving the pics - some of which I'd only had time to put there & then they ALL twisted everything I said around till it was no longer what I'd originally uttered! Oh well! I never had the chance to respond or explain - so much for 1st Ammendment rights!
If you don't bow down & pay homage to Duke & his cronies then you' get banned. Sorry but the ONLY 1 I will get down on my knees to adore is the Lord. Maybe in their minds Duke & the mods are on that level but in reality, they're no better or worse than anyone else including ME!
I have argued openly & privately w/Steve here so I am NOT a suck up or yes woman. I speak my mind regardless of the outcome if I feel strongly enough about something. I also feel that since I am on MY preferred website it has nothing to do with EW(WWW) so they should just let it go.
I KNOW they will read this - the "spy" is still lurking here as I see a random reply now & then. All I have to say to you (you KNOW who you are) is Hi! How ya doin'? BYE!
ROUSCHFAN-! - you hit the nail on the head - it IS a store. That's 1 of the primary reasons I was speaking out. Those members mean nothing to Duke now - they USED to but no more unless they BUY stuff. I haven't been there in nearly 1 year but all I hear from my FRIENDS who still belong there too is how commercial they are now. Thanks but I'm not supporting the vendors there just to make Duke rich. On the other hand, our webmaster is NOT getting rich off us, still puts his members 1st & that is why I will always prefer this site & support/promote it.
Come to think of it I need a new sticker. It's amazing how an ice scraper will remove a decal when you don't want it removed! I ripped my Online sticker up awhile ago thanks to snow & ice.
I just wanted to state MY OPINION to which I AM entitled at this site. I'm happy to be out of there & that Chapter - guess you can say I'm "outta this world" now! ROFLMSS!

Old 05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
This was what I posted about the site over there. Wonder if I'll get banned now?

-Flea

Old 05-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Flea, its welfarewagon (John) from KY. I just read your post and followed up on the other site as to your comments, Im sorry that nobody has been in contact with you but you just have to keep up on the post to find out what has been going on, I dont get notified if some in the chapter is going on either. I will tell you this we are having a cookout in Louisville next weekend. that is posted on another site with a KY chapter but all the same members are on this site too. Email me and I will tell you all about it. The only reason I visit the other site (very rarely at that ) it to find out what the local guys are doing on the weekends and for get togethers. other then that im here all the time. I wish that this site did have state chapters because its hard to locate anyone from you home state without doing a profile search making get togethers and cruiseing hard to organzie without visiting the "other sites" that offer the chapters

Old 05-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cowlady
[B]The BEST some of which I'd only had time to put there & then they ALL twisted everything I said around till it was no longer what I'd originally uttered! Oh well!

He, He, he.... Cowlady...... uttered........ he, he, he..... wouldn't that be spelled "uddered". He, He, Ha,Ha....

Seriously, this is a great site! Why go to any other?

Old 05-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Cool

Originally posted by canyonslicker
If you notice it's mostly Canadian, at least the moderators.
Don't know where you got your information from but the Senior Webmaster is from California (CA) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Webmaster

To my knowledge, the site was born and raised and still reside in the United States and it is still ran by Americans.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Quick Reply: Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but...