Go Back   F150online Forums > Owner's Connection > General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

General Discussion
SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 01-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1998 Ford F150
Question Help, My F150 Keeps Dying

Help, Don't know where to look for problem, Have 98 F150 with 4.6 triton V8, Vehicle will not stay on after started, will die out, Thought it was a heat Problem but even after a long run an Gauge is in the middle it will die at any stop light or stop sign, have to keep Gas peddle pressed even when taking off, There are no Check Engine Lights.. Auto part suggested having Fuel Pressure Check out prior to repalcing any parts. If anyone has run into this Problem or similar please post a Reply, Thanks

P.S: This just started on 1-Jan-2002, had hard start a few times in late december, but after warm up it was alright.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2011 Ford F150
Welcome a-board, ElBlackangel.

I know that someone has an answer for you, I doubt it's me though. One thing that might help to speed up the process would be to go up to the engines section. This question comes up pretty regularly. You might want to do a search in that section to help you eliminate some of the possible causes.

If it were me I think I would start by changing the fuel filter (which isn't as easy as it sounds. make sure to have the proper tools.) and go from there. I could be one (or more than one) of many things. Mass air flow meter, throttle position sensor, O2 sensor..........

Let us know what you find. There are a few of us that have the 4.6 in a '98.

Good luck!
Old 01-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1998 Ford F150
Thumbs up GOOD NEWS

The answer is a dirty IAC(Idle Air Contrl) Valve, I tried to tap it per a posted message, It is in the "Engine Section" to no avail, but after cleaning it with some carb.Cleaner and reinstalling it , VARoom and it stayed on. HOPE it Helps someone down the road., Thank you all.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2011 Ford F150
Glad to hear that you've found the problem. I read your post in the engines section. Isn't this a cool site?

Hope you can stick around. There is lots more information to be had. Perhaps you will have some to pass on to others.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:14 AM