F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

New TIAAAAARSSSSSSSSSSS

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TIAAAAARSSSSSSSSSSS

Had a tire problem the other day...

Since my tires were getting worn, I decided to bite the bullet and get new tires. 305/70/16 tire were special order, but they had 315/75/16s (basically a 35x12.50) in stock. They told me they'd mount one up for free so we could see if it'd fit.. and it did. So, I went with it. $1150 out the door later with all options (road hazard, lifetime rotate and balance, etc, this is what I got...

I get a bit of rubbing on the rubber inner fender liner, but nothing a dremel can't fix tomorrow. Yeah, I know, I need better pics. They're coming soon.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Nice! That seems like a decent price.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn good price! How many miles did you get out of the old set?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:08 AM

lookin purty

Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Damn good price! How many miles did you get out of the old set?
I don't know exactly. The fronts were on the truck when I bought it. I've put 53K on the truck since buying it, and you can see how much tread is left on them in the pic of the bad tire. The rears were replaced 37K ago, I had two flat spots on the old tires when I was in my accident due to jack knifing, so thats why they were replaced. The rears still had pretty good tread on them and I saved them to sell on Craigslist.

I was really on the fence about buying these tires again, but when it came down to it, I knew they would offer decent traction, last forever, and come at a great price. I thought about going to a Mickey Thompson MTZ but it would have cost too much, with a promise of I "should" get good tread life (close to 50K he said). And that shop didn't offer the lifetime rotate and balancing.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman
I don't know exactly. The fronts were on the truck when I bought it. I've put 53K on the truck since buying it, and you can see how much tread is left on them in the pic of the bad tire. The rears were replaced 37K ago, I had two flat spots on the old tires when I was in my accident due to jack knifing, so thats why they were replaced. The rears still had pretty good tread on them and I saved them to sell on Craigslist.

I was really on the fence about buying these tires again, but when it came down to it, I knew they would offer decent traction, last forever, and come at a great price. I thought about going to a Mickey Thompson MTZ but it would have cost too much, with a promise of I "should" get good tread life (close to 50K he said). And that shop didn't offer the lifetime rotate and balancing.
I have a few buddys that have gotten 60k out of the BFG's. Truck is looking good

Old 06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Looks good. Are you leveled or stock?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 PM
WTF?!?!?

You said you hated those tires???

Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by taterthedog
Looks good. Are you leveled or stock?
Add a leaf front and rear. Had to trim a smidge in the inner fender, and that was it. I should probably do a bit more trimming on the edge near the outside of the fender, but I don't want to...

Originally Posted by CTC B4Z
WTF?!?!?

You said you hated those tires???
Yeah, I know I've bashed them before. And I will continue to bash them... I hate their traction in the mud/sloppy wet grass. But, there aren't many available tire selections at this size, at a DECENT price, that come from a shop with lifetime balancing and rotating. Plus, I knew that these tires would last me damn near forever on the road, which is where 99% of my driving is done. I almost went with the Fierce Attitudes, but couldn't find enough reviews about mileage on them. I could have gone with MT MTZ or ProComps, but that would have cost me at least a hundy more, from shops that don't do the lifetime stuff, which was important to me.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:51 AM
I cant wait to upgrade to 20's and wrap em in BFG's.....

Old 06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Where did you get the BFG's? Sam's?