F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

America's fastest production diesel truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-1999, 07:12 PM
Really Old "Member"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking America's fastest production diesel truck

Many of you know me as a Lightning owner, that I purchased that truck because it was billed and remains America's fastest production truck.
I have or will modify my Lightning mildly to the point that it will have the potential of exceeding 100 in the 1/4 mile which is a silly personal goal. I may never take it down the strip, but I will know it can do it.

This may sound like total blasphemy, but I am now considering my next Ford truck, and I am aiming to own America's fastest production diesel truck.

I happen to love diesels, my favorite vehicle ever, before my Lightning, was an '88 Chev Suburban diesel with all the bells and whistles and 30" glasspacks that I put mucho miles on with no problems.

I love the Lightning too, but miss a larger cabin. What I am looking for is suggestions from you folks as to what platform (250/350), which motor and which transmission would yield a really quick truck equipped as a Supercab single rear tire vehicle that, with proper mods, could qualify as AFPDT.

Have fun playing with my question, as I will log all answers and start up negotiations with my dealer to accomplish the objective.

Bill

------------------
Bill Murray
99.5 Lightning
Oxford White
Bedrug/ARE LSII lid

Tow Package CD Player
Superchip
HobbyTownUSA Graphics
Identical 1/10 Scale Tamiya RC Truck incl. graphics.
Truck interest e-mail:
fastwhitey@myf150.com
4 heavy decals!
Kennesaw (Atlanta) Ga.

Old 11-05-1999, 07:50 PM
Heres an idea. a 2000 Ford f250 SD, Supercab, Powerstroke diesel, superchip it, get a bankspower pack, 4:10 gears, 6 speed auto. Fast as hell. Over at Ford-diesel.com, they say the 2000's start at 250hp for the diesel. They claim they are faster than the Ford V10. Slow off the line, but when the turbo kicks in, you're gone.

Old 11-09-1999, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Bill,

I too, would have to cast my vote for a 4X2 F-250 SD Powerstroke, for fastest diesel. There are a couple of styles of Superchips available for the Powerstroke, one adds 50 hp and 100 lbs./ft. and then there is the "Hot" chip, which gains 70 hp & 120 lbs./ft. of torque on the '99 & later Powerstroke. For a street vehicle, I prefer the 50/100 chip, as it also improves fuel mileage by an average of 3-4 more mpg. The "Hot" chip costs a little more, and is for those who have to have every last ounce of power they can get.

A Powerstroke diesel can be made into a very quick vehicle!

Good luck, Bill. You're a real wildman!

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 11-09-1999).]

Old 11-09-1999, 06:21 PM
Really Old "Member"
Cool

Hi Mike:
Well, Wyldman is already taken by Chuck, but a little bit off center is certainly appropriate.
Of all people, you will follow my thread of reasoning, I think, based on your former and current stable.
The Lightning is awesome, and I may even buy it when it comes off lease as a non-every-day driver and reserve a garage stall for it.
On the other hand, it, the 99.5, will be upstaged in a year or so by another Lightning or a Chev or a Dodge. I would have to radically modify it to keep up with newer technology.
The diesel idea is just an outgrowth of my desire to own the "worlds fastest production something", at a particular point in time.
Financial considerations dictate that I need to look to a 2001 model, so the engine may well be a new question at that time. From what I read now the PSD in the configuration you and the "kid" are suggesting is most likely the best candidate for today and I will start compiling my "dream" truck on that profile.
Totally off the subject, but next year, I will get "early inheritance" of my Mom's '92 Lincoln Town Car when she and Dad check into their retirement home. You can see where this is going I bet.
The World's Fastest Production Town Car!!!
Let's work on that one Mike.
Bill

------------------
Bill Murray
99.5 Lightning
Oxford White
Bedrug/ARE LSII lid

Tow Package CD Player
Superchip
HobbyTownUSA Graphics
Identical 1/10 Scale Tamiya RC Truck incl. graphics.
Truck interest e-mail:
fastwhitey@myf150.com
4 heavy decals!
Kennesaw (Atlanta) Ga.

Quick Reply: America's fastest production diesel truck