F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Code P1211 in a F250 turbo diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code P1211 in a F250 turbo diesel

Hi everyone,
This is my first time to this forum. I'm usually in the F150 forums. I have a question on a 2001 F250 7.3. It has a tune from the SCT programmer with the tranny pressure up a little.
Two questions.....1) We do NOT tow with this any longer so what should tranny pressure and shifts be set at?
2) Last night, my boyfriend towed one last time and the truck threw a code of P1211 with the Check Engine light on. I used my OBDII scanner on it and it said 'Manufactured Controlled Fuel & air metering'.
I have cleared the code but what the heck does that mean?
Thanks,
Christine

Old 08-23-2008, 09:59 AM
P1211 is as follows, ICP not controllable, ICP over/under desired value.
The tune that is loaded, is calling for more pulse width=more fuel. The design of the SD diesel high pressure oil pump that drives the injectors is not able to keep up with the increased PW, therefore it sets the check engine light. It should go off buy its self after a few seconds of driving. There are many $$$ ways of fixing the problem, but for most people it is not worth it.

Marc

Old 08-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Okay, thanks!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by uncool
P1211 is as follows, ICP not controllable, ICP over/under desired value.
The tune that is loaded, is calling for more pulse width=more fuel. The design of the SD diesel high pressure oil pump that drives the injectors is not able to keep up with the increased PW, therefore it sets the check engine light. It should go off buy its self after a few seconds of driving. There are many $$$ ways of fixing the problem, but for most people it is not worth it.

Marc

Actually there is an inexpesive way to avoid this, get a GOOD program. The only way that should be set with a good program is if the hpop is truely weak. My guess is that you have an "off the shelf" program. Now it is expensive to make the truck work well with those programs.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:42 PM
So far, it's only thrown that code when he towed the one time. We do not tow, normally, it was a one time thing. I did have to go in and clear the code.
I was wondering about the settings on the tranny. On the options section you could add % to the tranny and I believe I bumped it up to 5%. What are your thoughts on that??

Old 09-01-2008, 10:00 AM
There is no one answer for that. It depends on what program you've got loaded, what you're doing with the truck, what mods are done to the engine/trans, etc. Changing the line pressure via programming isn't the best way to be doing it. You're far better off doing it mechanically (ie valve body). Mine is bumped slightly over stock, but thats only because I have a fully built trans.

Is your tuner just a Super Chips or is it an SCT XCal? If its a regular Super Chips I would highly suggest that you get rid of it. The programs they had on them were almost as bad as they come. We used to run 2 of them on a couple of our service trucks at work so I've dealt with them before. The only programmer that is worse than this is the Diablo Sport. My suggestion would be to sell the programmer and buy a custom tuned chip. They are actually cheaper than a programmer anymore.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
We have the SCT Tuner for his truck. Mine actually has a Superchip in it that has worked great the past 5 years.
We just use both trucks for running around.

Quick Reply: Code P1211 in a F250 turbo diesel