F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Help...location Of The Low Pressure Ac Line Fitting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help...location Of The Low Pressure Ac Line Fitting?

Does anyone know where the low pressure side fitting for the AC is on 6.4 PS. My truck doenst get cold enough and I wont to add a can of freon to it...like I did on the last 4 Ford Trucks we have bought.
Anyone with any idea where it is...I looked for about 15 min and was just gave up and figured I would ask....

Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
An 08 should be under warranty.

If so, take it to a dealer and get it serviced properly for free instead of shade-treeing it.

Steve

Old 06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
An 08 should be under warranty.

If so, take it to a dealer and get it serviced properly for free instead of shade-treeing it.

Steve

It is but they will just say its with in specs. Its been went over a thousand times though...some Ford trucks just don't have as much freon in them from the factory as they need to cool properly. My 04 F150 and my dads 05 both needed a can in them and then they cooled 100% better. Rather then fight the dealership about it, it takes about 2 min and $12 to add a can.

At any rate I stopped by the Ford place this morning and they showed me where the low pressure fitting is (its under/behind the air cleaner box) and the mechanic said he knew it was an issue on some trucks as well but to just add a can on my own and be done with it.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:40 AM
and what method are using to charge it- weighing it in after evac or adding it by checking superheat?

Old 06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
and what method are using to charge it- weighing it in after evac or adding it by checking superheat?
Added a can...see if it got cold...wasnt cold enough...added another...

Old 06-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
...oops, now it's overcharged......

Old 06-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah thats how I'd do it. Just keep adding freon til it's way overcharged and still don't cool. And then wander why they had premature compresser failure. Wow some people really amaze me!!

Shane

Old 06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by attitude
Yeah thats how I'd do it. Just keep adding freon til it's way overcharged and still don't cool. And then wander why they had premature compresser failure. Wow some people really amaze me!!

Shane
Well how would you do it? The SOB wouldn't cool like it should. Fighting with the dealership about it is useless and would take 2 weeks to get it seen by their one diesel mechanic. At least if the AC compressor goes out they will fix that....I didn't pay $53K for a truck that the AC only blows half *** on. All the dealership will say is "its within specs" and dismiss it anyway (like I said I have been through it before.) And it very well maybe within the acceptable range but it wasn't "right". I added freon to the last 2 Ford trucks I have owned for the same reason, and they worked fine after that. I have a cheap *** gauge and even with two cans of freon the thing was still very much low in the safe zone....so **** it, now it works like it should. Problem solved.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Ditto to what RamSS said. I took my 04 F250 SD to the shop for lousy AC and was told all three time that it was within spec. Nothing like having to run the AC on high for a 5 hour trip just to stay at 80 degrees in the summer in GA. I finally added a can of freon and that solved the problem....

Quick Reply: Help...location Of The Low Pressure Ac Line Fitting?