F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

08 SD Plow advice: Brand, Model, Size

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 SD Plow advice: Brand, Model, Size

Hey,

I am definately going to be putting a plow on my 08 f250 SD this year...

I am looking for something to plow my own driveway and barn area and a few other driveways, not commercial duty.

I would like something that will last forever but not cost $7000 or an arm and a leg

Any recommendations for brand and model? I'm thinking 7ft, 7.5ft, or 8 ft plow, probably a NON "V-Plow" cuz they are cheaper. My dad has an 8 ft Fisher V plow with minute mount or something like that and its pretty nice.

Id like to be able to take it off easy if I want, but I'll prolly leave it on most of the winter so it doesnt have to be the best system in the world.

Basically, what brands and models do y'all have and what are your opinions of the ones you own or have used??

Thanks!

Roger

Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I recommend a BOSS snow plow.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boss is going to be your easiest hookup, and will last forever. (My reccomendation) Fisher, Western and Blizzard are all owned by the same company, and are all quality products, not quite as easy to hook up as the boss, but still easy, and will last forever. Meyer makes a decent plow, but the pumps and motors are garbage. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, go with boss. 8' straight blade would be perfect. I have plowed for 4 years and have never had a problem with a boss, but have had 3 meyer pumps go in the middle of driveways or parking lots.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:24 AM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by bjp207
Boss is going to be your easiest hookup, and will last forever. (My reccomendation) Fisher, Western and Blizzard are all owned by the same company, and are all quality products, not quite as easy to hook up as the boss, but still easy, and will last forever. Meyer makes a decent plow, but the pumps and motors are garbage. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, go with boss. 8' straight blade would be perfect. I have plowed for 4 years and have never had a problem with a boss, but have had 3 meyer pumps go in the middle of driveways or parking lots.
x2

If I get a 4x4er in a SD I'd go with a BOSS straight blade... I don't like those 'V' blades...

Old 02-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Graphics Contributor
why go with the straight blade when you can get a V, straight, and a scoop all in one

Old 02-02-2008, 01:56 AM
We use Western at work and have been pretty happy with there perfomance.I would also say that they are pretty quick to connect,less than five minutes easy.Have actually modified them as we use them on our runways for high speed scuz runs.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Talking

Hmm, I have been told BOSS were good before. How much did y'all pay for your BOSS setups?

Fisher I hear is expensive...is this true? I hear good things about them too and the westerns.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
x2

If I get a 4x4er in a SD I'd go with a BOSS straight blade... I don't like those 'V' blades...

Why would you not like a V blade...they are the most versatile plow available. That is what I would have if I had my own. The only reason i was steering the OP to a straight blade is because he didnt want to pay alot.

You can get a boss straight blade for around 3 I think. Look for a used one if you want to go the cheap route...if it wasnt plowed commercially it will be a very solid unit usually, just change the oil with boss oil and you are good to go.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 PM

Might want to check out this web site....http://www.letstalksnow.com/forums/

Quick Reply: 08 SD Plow advice: Brand, Model, Size