Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Old 05-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1991 Ford F 250
Captains Chairs for 91 F250?

I am pretty new to this posting deal, so hopefully I am not overdoing the information up front but I seem to see a lot of post where guys asks for me info in order to be able to answer the question posted. So here I go!...

I am trying, so far in vain, to figure out if there are any options for captain's chairs that I can retro-fit into my 91. It is an F250 Supercab diesel if that matters much to this.

Ideally I would like to put the captain's chair/middle jump-center console set up from a mid 90's model. I would think that these would be relatively simple to find a set of yet I cannot so far find anybody at a salvage yard nor at Ford dealer who can tell me if this would bolt it, if major retro fitting would be needed or what.

As my truck has a bench seat in it now I know at minimum extra tracks would need to be installed but I have heard that is is possible that the holes are are already there for this (have not pulled stock seat to look yet). I have also heard (from Ford) that no captain's chair setup was put in in this year so maybe this is not correct???

Anyway, if you can't tell from my rambling I am hoping that there is some body out there who has some experience in this change out and can point me a good direction for this.

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can provide!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
any '87 to '96 f150 , 250, 350 will work, also bronco should work too

pre-87 were slightly different floor pans and may not line up exactly

good luck finding anything in decent shape used at this point, maybe aftermarket maybe
Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1991 Ford F 250
I guess now I move to the hunting mode! Thanks for the info.

Anybody know of a site that actually puts in for a nationwide parts search that actually yeilds results rather than just hitting you with 20 spams within 30 seconds after submitting the search?

Luckily I saw it coming on the one's that I tried and used a temp email address.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM