F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Block Heater on 2006 Ford F250

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Block Heater on 2006 Ford F250

Recently purchased a 2006 Ford F250 Diesel and cannot find the block heater. I have looked on the passenger side as directed, but can't find it anywhere. Does this vehicle not come with one standard? If it does can anyone give me a better description of where to look on the vehicle?
Thanks...

Old 02-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a '99 and it comes from the drivers side

took forever to find it...
its wrapped up in the front bumper somewhere

look and you shall recieve

and when it gets real cold you'll need it

...zap!

Old 02-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by pwilds
Recently purchased a 2006 Ford F250 Diesel and cannot find the block heater. I have looked on the passenger side as directed, but can't find it anywhere. Does this vehicle not come with one standard? If it does can anyone give me a better description of where to look on the vehicle?
Thanks...

Howdy and welcome!

Starting in '05 all 6.0L's got the block heater installed, but depending on which state the truck was going to did or did not get the power cord installed.

Adrianspeeder

Old 02-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Talking Try Looking Behind the pass. side fog light

I bought my "03 SD back in November. I didn't know mine had a block heater until the temps began to drop for real back in December (single digits). Fellow SD owners here in Wichita Falls told me my truck had one, I just had to find it.

I looked behind the bumper by the passenger side driving light. There it was, zip tied to the wiring harness. The power cord was complete and ready for unleashing. After some scraped knuckles and some choice words, I had the cord exposed to the outside world where I could get some use out of it.

I now use it EVERY day. The warmup is SO much faster by using the block heater.

Take a look where I did. You might want to wear some work gloves and send the kids inside the house.

Good luck.

My truck was used when I got it, but 4000 miles later, I'm happy as can be with my first diesel.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Like adrianspeeder said, starting with 05 the cord became an option and it caught alot of people by suprise. Unless you made an effort to order it with the truck you probably don't have one. If you don't you're going to have to make a trip to the dealer to pick one up.

Quick Reply: Block Heater on 2006 Ford F250