F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

05 F250 Dash Removal Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 F250 Dash Removal Instructions

Does anyone have any docs/pdf's for removing the factory headunit? Can the fake wood dash piece not be removed by itself without removing the entire front dash piece like the new F150's?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I am in the process of upgrading my radio too. I have taken the entire dash out to get the original radio out. It is really the only way as the stock radio mounting brackets stick out and will not allow you to pass it through the dash. I am trying to mount a Kennwood DDX-7015 6.5 LCD DVD player. As of right now no aftermarket kits are made for mounting 2005 double din radios. They make one for the F-150. The difference is where the kit mounts. Mounting holes in the front of the bracket for the 150 and they need to be in the back for the 250/350.

No pictures yet, but all you have to do is get your fingers on the edge of the dash and pull out. Start all the way to the right. The entire thing will just pop out. Once you get it free all the way around I started with the heating controle plugs and worked my way across so that I could remove the entire dash for working. It also helps to tilt the stearing wheel down and place the truck in 1st gear. You can do this by putting the emergency brake on.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:34 PM
I've actually got mine done now but no pics yet. The dash is a pain in the butt compared to the 04 F150 I had. There is not a proper 05 F250 double din mount kit out yet. I used the F150 one, but I had to hack it up and the headunit sticks out a bit. I am **** so it bothers me but when a proper kit comes out, I'll change it.

I installed that same unit. Did you use the Metra Din for the 150? I spent WAAAY to much time doing it but this was my first HU install. Getting it lined up perfectly is no fun.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:04 AM
Here's a few pics. Sirius antenna location and headunit. Hope a proper kit is available soon.

Headunit

Antenna

Old 03-18-2005, 08:56 AM
ddx7015

Dudes,

Anyone that has a ´04 or ´05 are Gold. Don´t need any bracket kit. Starting in ´04 Ford has made most of its vehicule like the Japenes. double din, standard ISO. take the plastic trim around the instrument pane out. its only clip in. then remove the 4 screws that holds in the stereo. take radio out. switch bracket to the kenwood unit. re insert the kenwood and Voila. take about 15 min, if you have you metra adapter ready. i have an ´03 and i had to do some my custom fit bracket. its a challenge.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 PM
There is no metra though. At least on crutchfields. They only show some gay adapter for a single DIN radio. Do you know of some other place the might have one and have a part#?

Quick Reply: 05 F250 Dash Removal Instructions