F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Wounded SuperDuty

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2000, 03:48 AM
IKE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wounded SuperDuty

Bad news, just after it's 2 month birthday, some clown backed into the bedside of my F-250 with a CH*** van.

The insurance is taking care of the matter, though, but I just don't like being without the big girl... *sigh*

(Feel free to cry with me!)

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.inlink.com/~usguys2/f250.html" TARGET=_blank>IKE
2000 F-250 SD CC 4x4</A>
------------------

Old 01-04-2000, 04:25 AM
Question

How CAN'T you miss a truck that takes up 2 parking places?

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 3.73, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR, Flowmaster Delta 40 series, K&N filtercharger, Superchip (Airbox removed for a second try, maybe in the winter it will be advantagous?) Lund Elite soft tonneau

www.angelfire.com/pa3/spaceace/index.html

[This message has been edited by spaceace (edited 01-04-2000).]

Old 01-04-2000, 08:07 AM
Unhappy

I'm with spaceace, how could the guy miss a HUGE white crew-cab???? Was he drinking or on drugs??? How much damage?? And how long to fix it?? I hope when you say insurance that you're talking about the idiot that hit you's insurance!! Did you see him hit you?? Or just come out of the building and "find" him crashed into you?? So sorry you got hit, you would think that as big as these trucks are that "other" people could keep their vehicals out of them.

------------------
2000 F250 Crew Cab 4x2 6 speed Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, mud flaps
Trailer tow Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards
rear privacy glass, 265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd
Clarion APA 5240 amp

Old 01-04-2000, 01:20 PM
J-C
Thumbs down

I think that only a CHEVY driver could be dumb enough to hit a SD. Probably jealous.
Hope you get her back soon - and as good as new.

Old 01-04-2000, 04:36 PM
IKE
Thumbs down

I had just parked, and was standing next to the 250 when the idiot hit it. I didn't SEE him, but my friend, who was getting out the passenger side, looked right at him as he put it in reverse and DID NOT even look behind him! I'm so thankful my buddy didn't get hit!

I dropped the 250 off yesterday, and she is getting a new bedside, but as of today (12/4) it's still sitting on the body shop's lot. To add insult to injury, the rental company gave me a Ch*** Blazer! I HATE Ch***s!!!!

But, the clown that hit me went to jail for outstanding arrest warrents!!! Heh heh heh... Oh well, at least he got to make some new friends in jail, hopefully some big guy named "Bubba!"

------------------
2000 F-250 SD CC 4x4</A>
------------------

Old 01-04-2000, 08:19 PM
Angry

I feel for you IKE and hope that you get it back soon as well. There is a guy where I work that has a YELLOW Extended Cab Ranger. He was saying one day that an old lady almost hit him broadside and when he was talking to her, she said that she didn't even see him. How do you miss a YELLOW truck, no matter what the size is. It just goes to show you that people out there just don't give a damn these days and it is a shame. Again, I hope you get her back real soon.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

------------------
1994 F-150 XLT Supercab, Long Box, 302 EFI, Automatic, Royal Blue in and out, Captain Chairs. Chrome Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 105S 235/75R15 (Summer), OEM Aluminum Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 108S (Winter), Lightly Tinted, Soft Tonneau Cover, Ford Receiver Hitch Cover & Lock, Alpine CDM-7829 Head Unit, PPI 4800 Amplifier, Kicker 10" Solo Baric Sub with Custom Box and Kicker Impulse 6.5 Mid & Tweets.

Old 01-05-2000, 01:39 AM
IKE
Thumbs down

IzzyEddy -It really is a shame, but as a friend once told me, "You can't fix stupid." This guy is a locomotive engineer, and he sees stupid stuff everyday, like people driving in front of 400 ton trains. It really makes you wonder how some people have survived as long as they have.

------------------
2000 F-250 SD CC 4x4</A>
------------------

Old 01-05-2000, 05:59 AM
IKE,

The answer.....trauma centers, OSHA and NHTSB. Society is forcing everything to be idiot-proof instead of educating and holding the idiots responsible for their actions.

Look at the latest Pokemon recall. It's not a parent's responsibility if a 4 year old gives an infant a toy that could choke/suffocate them.

Sorry for the tirade. I know this is not the place to fix society.

Old 01-10-2000, 07:02 PM
IKE
spaceace: I agree fully! Everytime I turn on the TV late at night; "DWI? DUI? call Dewey, Cheatum, & Howw..." I'm not anti-alcohol, but look at that as an example. The law says you can't drink and drive, yet if you get a DWI, you can get an attorney and buy your way out of it. It just further shows that you can do nearly whatever you want, with no consequences for your actions.

It's a crying shame that this country has come to this.

------------------
2000 F-250 SD CC 4x4</A>
------------------

Old 01-17-2000, 12:19 AM
IKE
Thumbs down

BAD NEWS....

I dropped off the 250 on Jan 3 and it sat on the body shop's lot until Jan 6, when they called to tell me that Ford didn't have the bedside available. So I got the truck back, still wrecked. The local Ford dealer, who told them the bedside would be there on the 3rd, later said that a Ford warehouse in New York (I live in Missouri) wouldn't have it until at least Jan 10! It's now the 16th, and I have yet to hear a thing! I'll be on the phone bright and early tomorrow, though!

I just hate driving a battered vehicle! Everyone asks what I did to it, as if I don't know how to drive it! Geez, I used to drive a dump truck (an old F-550, I think) I believe I can handle a SuperDuty!

------------------
2000 F-250 SD CC 4x4</A>
------------------

Old 01-17-2000, 08:32 AM
Unhappy

IKE: so sorry, maybe Ford will come through soon. Just ignore all those others giving you the funny looks and thinking "you" can't drive. I just smile at them!! So far with mine, I've only hit one curb and that was at the dentist. Their parking lot has the SMALLEST spots, I had problems with my F150 and my crew-cab is impossible. Plus I've got a manual. I'd like for any one of "those" people that are giving me "advise" to try parking that monster. I had one guy "sweetly" tell me that I only needed one lane to turn in!!! These are most likely the same people that will turn out in front of an oncoming 18 wheeler and wonder why they hear all that breaking noise from behind them.
On a brighter note, there is another member here that had to have their bed replaced/fixed. I think he said someone ran into him with a fork-lift!! Look up F150Europe, just think of the wait he had for parts. I sure hope yours comes in soon.

Old 01-22-2000, 06:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What a shame to have your new truck wrecked so soon. But the good news is the ch@#$ driver is in jail with his new friend bubba

Old 01-22-2000, 08:56 PM
IKE
Cool

Good news! the bedside showed up Mon 1-17, in the shop on Tue 1-18, and picked up on Fri 1-21!

The shop did a beautiful job, the truck looks good as new! (whew...)

Time to get that Line-X bedliner and Flowmaster exhaust put on!!!!

(oh yeah, hmustang: I hope he met Bubba!)

------------------
2000 F-250 SD CC 4x4</A>
------------------

Quick Reply: Wounded SuperDuty