Expedition / Navigator

Auto-Door Locks - How to re-program

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Auto-Door Locks - How to re-program

I like that the truck automatically locks the doors when driving, however I really want it to unlock the doors when I put it in park. ALL of the doors. I constantly get out of the truck and walk to the rear door, only to realize I hadn't pushed the unlock button. Can this be re-programmed??
Thanks!

Old 08-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nevermind - Figured it out...

From the manual:

Make sure ignition is off and doors are closed. Turn ingition key to ON. Press power door unlock control three times. Turn ignition key from ON to OFF. Press power door unlock control three times. turn ignition key back to ON The horn will chirp. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. Horn will chirp once if autolock was activated, twice (one short, one long) if autolock was activated. Turn ignition key to OFF. Horn will chirp once to confirm procedure complete.

All above steps must be completed within 30 seconds, or the procedure will fail. If the procedure fails, you must wait 30 seconds before attempting again.

Old 08-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure what it would take to do it, but you might check with a car audio shop and discuss it with their alarm installer. The factory door locks may be able to be rewired to accomodate that. I had Clifford Intelligard 7000 alarm system installed in my Navigator and they integrated the door locks into the remote for the alarm. It now also does pretty much what you want. It automatically locks the doors when put in drive and unlocks when the vehicle is shut off. I'm not sure if it can be programmed to unlock when put in park.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:26 PM
re-program doesn't work

The "re-program" from the manual is to turn the autolock off. Then the doors won't lock after putting the car in drive and letting off the brake. Is there another option??

Old 08-26-2002, 11:36 PM
Other than Navi Man suggested there is nothing that I know of. I looked into this myself because my wife's Diamante unlocked when the car was shut off. I wanted my Expi to do it too. I found all kinds of info on how to do the procedure you described, but nothing on making the locks open when the vehicle is turned off.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:40 PM
The Search is an awesome thing i been lookin for this

Old 07-22-2010, 11:11 AM
It seems a lot of vehicles are doing this....my father in law's '02 Saturn does it as well as the sunroof closes when the vehicle is turned off. 2 pretty cool features that I wish my Expy did. Oh, and I'd like the drivers window to have express up. Someone smarter than me get on this..please?

Old 07-23-2010, 01:29 AM
We got it to work on mine. https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...upercrews.html

I thought the new Expys could be programmed to auto unlock?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 PM
The new Expy's might be able to, but I haven't found it on my '07.

Quick Reply: Auto-Door Locks - How to re-program