Expedition / Navigator

New 2015 Black/Black Nav!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2015 Black/Black Nav!

New to the world of Lincoln, and Navigator ownership, but longtime Ford owner. Some of you may remember me as BlackPlatBDS with the monster 09' Platinum F150 but anyway I stepped away from the Truck/SUV world for a bit and tried to love a Jeep. Needless to say I am now back and in a 2015 Lincoln Navigator that is black on black, twin turbo ecoboost and loaded for the most part. I can say that I am absolutely loving it and very much so enjoying the changes they have made to the Navigator for the 15' model year. The V6 simply amazes me, and moves this beast very well. Looking forward to testing her out with the boat in tow and being back in the seat of something commanding.

Lot of plans in store, and dropped her off this afternoon for some work with 215 miles on the odometer. Having the 3M bumper/hood guard added, front windshield and driver/pass windows tinted with 15% and the the rear tail lights and rear running hatch light all tinted out as well.

Installed some 22's the day I drove her home, and currently I think they are tasteful and compliment the vehicle very much. Didn't want to go to big but def wanted to make her my own!

Next up I will be installing a stereo system, which for the most part is on order, but a custom box build has to be decided on before anything more happens..... Anyway, sorry for the rant, just excited but on to some pictures. Any questions please just ask! I don't see many at all on the road, black on black was a hell of a hard task to find, but would like to think there is more interest out there for this vehicle as it really is a great refresh!

Let me know what you all think. Hope you enjoy. I will get interior photos, and updated photos of the 3M/tint work tomorrow or the following day when I get my new toy back!!

BlackNavDown

Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Sharp truck. Loved the new Gators ever since I saw them!

Old 04-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Purdy ride, BlackNav. I removed the other thread you started on this since we ask that you not create duplicate threads on the same subject. It tends to expand the forum to no good purpose, making it harder for members to use.

- Jack

Old 04-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
This one was tied up in approval, maybe thats why he made the second thread?

Old 04-06-2015, 01:29 AM
Sorry about the mess up. I tried to post and it wasn't allowing me, so I remade it as I figured something went haywire.

Patman,
Happy to see you like the ride. It is coming along, and as with my last one I'm sure the mods won't stop anytime soon.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Nice Navi! Love black on black, great color combo! Wheels look nice too!

Old 04-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Bowesmobile,
Thank you sir! It was a pain to find one with the black/black in Texas but I waited her out and it happened. Could not be happier!

On another note, my Sundown 12SAD4's came in and they are better than expected. Amp didn't make it yet (SCV-2000D, 2k watts at 1ohm), but all is well, got to figure out a box and get it built! Hope to jeebus I don't need to upgrade electrical.

Should have some pictures tomorrow of the tint/light work, and 3M clear bra. Get it back tonight at 8pm can't wait!

Old 04-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Nice rig! I can't wait to see the audio install come along.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 AM
Mossbum,

Thank you very much man! I look forward to the system build as well. Good news about that is I finalized a box design today and will start the build process this weekend. No MDF here, all birch.

Also, got her back from getting the tint work done. Here are some pics, not the best but they will do!

Feedback is welcome, she is coming along!

And here it is hard to see, but the entire front end, half the hood, and fender sides were all done with 3M. Rock chips be damned!

Old 04-17-2015, 04:21 AM
And the box is coming together very nice! have to get the inside painted black, did the ports in a metallic silver and plan to LineX the outside once everything is finished and cleaned up. 46" wide, 15" height, 20" deep. Double baffled, glass both front and rear, LED's, tinted the glass bronze to get a silver lighting effect. All my thanks got to Cherryman as he built this awesome thing!

Got to figure out an amp and battery rack now..... but pics! Not yet complete but nearly. Oh and the SA stands for Sundown Audio, also happens to match where I live, San Antonio.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Finally got some time to work on the ride. Got everything in and working and thought I would post up some pictures. Sounds great so far, but a lot of tweeking is to be done. Got a XS Power 6500D and the wiring needed for a big 3 upgrade on the way as well.

Need to get the box LineX'd and build some mounts for the equipment to sit on. It never ends.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:54 AM
That looks awesome. I look forward to the finished product.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM
It is coming along well, and thanks for the comments Moss. I have flipped the subs back to traditional mounting and it honestly sounds much better, also ordered another XS D6500 to mount in the rear to match the one going under the hood. Once both D6500s are in I plan to rerun the wiring as well and build a false floor that the box and everything will mount up to. Just waiting on my good friends at UPS to show up 👍

Old 05-19-2015, 10:11 PM
I love a good audio build. Takes me back to the days when I had the time to tinker and build nice systems!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Excuse me, does anyone have a bib? I just drooled all over myself when I first saw your Navi.

What are your first thoughts on the EcoBoost in it?

Quick Reply: New 2015 Black/Black Nav!