Expedition / Navigator

Heat issues '04 Eddie Bauer

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat issues '04 Eddie Bauer

I have a 2004 Expy Eddie Bauer and am having issues finding anything that would help me diagnose/fix the heat issues I am having.

Its winter time here in North Dakota, and I cannot get heat to the floor. It'll blow out of the defrost, and the vents, just not on the floor setting.

I have the EATC, digital heat control with external temp readout, and heated seat controls on the console. The only stuff I can find on the internet has to do with vacuum control. I have had the dash all apart, and taken out the EATC, and there are no vacuum lines anywhere near, so I believe that it is all electronically controlled.

If anyone has diagnosed/fixed this same issue before please chime in as my only other option is to take the thing to my Ford dealership, and while they've always treated me very well, this thing is 11 years old with 130K miles and very out of warranty. I imagine that the next logical step for them would be to replace the entire heater assembly, which I would imagine could run into the thousands of dollars.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:16 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Old 02-03-2015, 09:47 AM
dmp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
smells like a blend-door actuator type problem

Old 02-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually forgot that I had found that info some time ago. Probably last winter when I was troubleshooting the same issue, but it got so cold that I couldn't spend any more time in my garage.

I went through the self test again this morning, and it returned no codes. i pressed every setting button on the thing, and i could hear either relays working or the blend doors flipping open and closed. I am still lost.

I went ahead this morning and tried researching a new DATC module. It looks like its gonna be about $60 on ebay for one. Can't find them from ford parts anywhere. It appears that they have discontinued them.

Quick Reply: Heat issues '04 Eddie Bauer