Expedition / Navigator

How will you know if have faulty Fuel Pump? Any symptoms?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How will you know if have faulty Fuel Pump? Any symptoms?

Anybody knows what are the symptoms or signs of a faulty fuel pump of an Gen1 Expedition? I'm experiencing weird lost of power with my Expedition.
Pressing down the gas pedal I got no response, it should increase RPM.
Press it to floor that is only time I feel the engine.
Is this a faulty fuel pump? Thanks in Advance.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:53 PM

Try cleaning your throttle body. If your fuel pump was bad your truck wouldn't run at all. You may also need a tune up depending on how old your truck is or how long its been since you have had one done.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Lightning Expo, I recently had tune up. Replace plugs, Change oils and Coilpack on #8 cylinder. My truck is 38,xxx km on Odometer. Its a 2001, seldom used.

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:07 PM
fuel pump whine

listen for the pump whine with the key on for the first few seconds, then test for fuel pressure, should be 50-60 pis... mine had lack of power also, checked and the pressure was 25 psi truck still ran fine, but lacked power and RPM would go up when the hammer was dropped, but no power behind it. replaced the pump, and filter on the pump as well as inline filter..all is well now.. like a new truck..has better throttle responce and power than my New 08 did

Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 AM
fomoco466, I replaced the pump but still not that happy. There is still loss in power intermittently. I did not replace the fuel filter attached to motor pump. It is already colored yellow. I clean it before reinstalling it but still not responding the way it should be. My guess is I have to replace the filter attached to motor pump. Thanks. Mabuhay!

Old 10-01-2010, 12:56 AM
My fuel pump just went out last week on my navi. The symptoms were that it wouldn't start. 700$ towards this money pit

Quick Reply: How will you know if have faulty Fuel Pump? Any symptoms?