Expedition / Navigator

F150 Rims on Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Rims on Expedition

Hi All,

I really like the new F150 20" rims. I was wondering if anyone knows if I could have the tire pressure system put onto these rims, if I were to buy a set off of Ebay. Would I need to calibrate the computer for the new size tires also? Has anyone ever switched the tire pressure system from one set to another? Thanks for the input.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should be able to switch the TPS moniters. When I installed 22's on my Expy, the tech just removed the TPS moniters from the OEM wheels and bolted them onto the 22's. I didn't have to recalibrate them or anything. As for recalibrating the trucks computer, you don't have to. If you go to a tire of a different height, you speedometer/odometer will be off slightly, but that's all.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info, wandell!! I saw your post in the F150 forum...Sorry! I just get a little impatient sometimes.
So, I suppose the factory 20s with the stock tires will be the correct height? Do you recall what they charged you to change these things? I will be buying the rims with the tires already on them, so I will have to have them removed, and then remounted an balanced.

Has anyone ever seen an Expy with these rims on it? I'm curious as to what it will look like.

Jason

Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My shop didn't charge me any extra. It was just included in the price of my purchase (4 tires and mounting/balancing).

Quick Reply: F150 Rims on Expedition