Borla S-Type on 2011 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla S-Type on 2011 F-150

debating the Borla S-Type system for my F-150. Any review out here? It sounds great on youtube, lol.

https://www.borla.com/products/f150_...rt__140699.htm
l

Looking for thoughts and what others may have done instead of Borla.
PS. I miss a deep exhaust sound....

Old 02-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the Roush kit on my truck. Very deep toned, and clean sounding. Drones inside a bit more than I would like. The S type kit may be tamer sounding.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I've had the Roush, just way too much drone, and over the top loud for me. I tried numerous things to try and get the drone manageable, but never succeeded.
That brings me to the Borla SType. ZERO drone!! I wish I'd sprung the big bucks to start with. I've had the Borla for well over two years now, closer to three I think. When I first got it, I thought it was going to be too quiet. After a couple thousand high speed miles, expressway, for 200 miles at a time, it got burned in, and it sounds great!
If you've got a 5.0, you won't be sorry with this system. Fit and finish, really, is top of the line.
You can hear a little burble at speed, but it's a good sound. With my tunes, it really sounds good when coasting and the trans downshifts. Get on it, and there's no two ways about it, this thing can talk.
If I ever get another 5.0, this exhaust will be my first and only choice.
It's expensive, but it's one of those things that you get what you pay for.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by johnday
I've had the Roush, just way too much drone, and over the top loud for me. I tried numerous things to try and get the drone manageable, but never succeeded.
That brings me to the Borla SType. ZERO drone!! I wish I'd sprung the big bucks to start with. I've had the Borla for well over two years now, closer to three I think. When I first got it, I thought it was going to be too quiet. After a couple thousand high speed miles, expressway, for 200 miles at a time, it got burned in, and it sounds great!
If you've got a 5.0, you won't be sorry with this system. Fit and finish, really, is top of the line.
You can hear a little burble at speed, but it's a good sound. With my tunes, it really sounds good when coasting and the trans downshifts. Get on it, and there's no two ways about it, this thing can talk.
If I ever get another 5.0, this exhaust will be my first and only choice.
It's expensive, but it's one of those things that you get what you pay for.
I put the Ford racing axle back sport mufflers on my 5.0 mustang and they sound awesome, during cruise you barely notice them, but get on it a little and everyone within a 1/4 mile can hear you. And the Ford racing sport mufllers are made by Borla and are basically rebranded S-types.

BTW you should hear it going thru a tunnel or under a bridge with the top down
also I used to be a magnaflow fan, but after getting these ford borlas, I'll never buy magnaflow again. And they are pricey, I paid 700 just for the axle back kit which is basically mufflers with the tips welded on and that's it.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
I put the Ford racing axle back sport mufflers on my 5.0 mustang and they sound awesome, during cruise you barely notice them, but get on it a little and everyone within a 1/4 mile can hear you. And the Ford racing sport mufllers are made by Borla and are basically rebranded S-types.

BTW you should hear it going thru a tunnel or under a bridge with the top down
also I used to be a magnaflow fan, but after getting these ford borlas, I'll never buy magnaflow again. And they are pricey, I paid 700 just for the axle back kit which is basically mufflers with the tips welded on and that's it.
LOL, well, my top doesn't go down, but I know what it sounds like with the windows down and goose it a bit under a bridge. The first time I did that accidentally. I looked in the mirrors to see what vehicle was around me, there was only a ricer in sight, so I knew it was me. I love it.
I know a few guys at my local Ford dealer, and one of them put that Ford performance system on a 2016 Mustang GT. Man!! That thing sounds fantastic!! And yes, the Ford system is just a rebranded Borla, with Ford on the tips instead of Borla. Plus a few more bucks for it. Ya have to pay for the Oval ya know! LOL
IIRC, I think I'm into it for around $1100, and I'd do it again.
With all you've got on that Mustang, I know it sounds great!

Last edited by johnday; 06-11-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just not a fan of Borla.......always has a bit of a tinny rasp to it