would you buy these?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you buy these?

so im looking to fix the leaking manifolds on my 01 f150 supercrew 5.4 . figured might as well replace them with some headers. dont want long tubes because then id have to change more of the exhaust. i dont want to have to do that. just a lil extra something something thats better then stock. its a dd just fyi. so i found these on ebay and was wondering if any of you would buy these? if not wheres the best place to go for a cheaper price for short tube headers ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CERAMIC-COATED-EXHAUST-HEADER-FOR-97-03-FORD-F150-F250-EXPEDITION-5-4-V8-8-CYL-/400692591532?fits=Year%3A2001%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item5d4b23bbac&vxp=mtr

Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 AM
MDK
Probably not. You pay for what you get and I doubt those have a good ceramic coating so I'm sure at some point it will flake off, would also have to be careful of the welds and fitment, if they don't fit up correctly you'll get a clicking/ticking noise that increases with exhaust output. They look to be equal length headers but without a name brand who's going to warranty it if something goes wrong?

Anything from Summit racing would be good, even buy their brand if you want...at least you'd have some protection against defects.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by MDK
Probably not. You pay for what you get and I doubt those have a good ceramic coating so I'm sure at some point it will flake off, would also have to be careful of the welds and fitment, if they don't fit up correctly you'll get a clicking/ticking noise that increases with exhaust output. They look to be equal length headers but without a name brand who's going to warranty it if something goes wrong? Anything from Summit racing would be good, even buy their brand if you want...at least you'd have some protection against defects.
I looked at those the other day .. Cheap price people like them except the painted coating .. People say to strip them and spray them with the ceramic paint .. Which is fine but i dont really feel like going through the whole process of finding somewhere to have them sandblasted just so i can repaint them .. Argh

Old 03-31-2015, 12:06 PM
MDK
You'll never see the headers honestly. If you buy steel headers then just wrap them in header wrap (they make colored ones) and call it a day. If you buy ceramic you want a quality header company so it doesn't flake off cause the ceramic coating is what makes them better than steel obviously.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
You'll never see the headers honestly. If you buy steel headers then just wrap them in header wrap (they make colored ones) and call it a day. If you buy ceramic you want a quality header company so it doesn't flake off cause the ceramic coating is what makes them better than steel obviously.
Hmm not a bad idea ..

Quick Reply: would you buy these?