header question . please respond ..

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
header question . please respond ..

2000 F150 4x4 single cab long bed .

1st , will obx long tube headers for the 5.4 2v fit this truck ?? cant get concise answer on this ..

2nd obx is better than pacesetter correct ?? quality to price ratio ??

3rd using the OBX kit that has crossover pipe to Y connector catless and single outlet do you think if I use a high flow muffler si do and dump it out the pass side right before the rear tire wont be that much of a restriction and negate the performance gain from getting headers in the first place . providing they fit ..

really want to go long tube but do not want to have to dent and hammer on new header to get it to fit ..

Old 12-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am guessing you have a 4.6L?

From what I know, the 4.6 and 5.4 headers will physically bolt up. The primaries may be different between the two. The 4wd and 2wd versions matter as the 4wd set is shorter to clear the transfercase.

OBX makes their product with a certain grade stainless, I do not think it is the top of the line stainless but none the less it is better than the Pacesetter ceramic coat material.

If the exhaust is mandrel and the muffler is straight through everything will perform great. You could run it over the axle and out the back without a loss. Consider a custom tune for running catless.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes 4.6 . I personally just like the side exit and I will have a tuner with a catless long tube map ready for the install

Quick Reply: header question . please respond ..