Rattle can or professional paint??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle can or professional paint??

My exhaust I ordered is aluminized steel and I want to paint it/ have it painted. I was considering doing the painting using the rattle can 2000 degree stuff which is $7 per can vs. the ceramic coating professional grade, which will be around $200. Anyone ever used the high temp rattle can stuff??? Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed here!!

Ryan

Old 10-21-2014, 03:38 AM
I would go for ceramic coating if you don't mind about $$$, pretty sure it it will hold up for long.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why do you want to paint it, for looks or rust protection? I wouldn't bother myself, aluminized will hold up to 5 or more salty winters. Spray the pipes with some high temp clear coat or at least the weld joints.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Why do you want to paint it, for looks or rust protection? I wouldn't bother myself, aluminized will hold up to 5 or more salty winters. Spray the pipes with some high temp clear coat or at least the weld joints.
I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to paint it and probably add a little more protection so I went ahead and burned the $20 on it and I'm very happy with how it looks and also with how it turned out. That paint laid great even in the 50 degree temps I was experiencing. The idea was just to add extra protection though. The look was just a bonus

Ryan.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm0024
I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to paint it and probably add a little more protection so I went ahead and burned the $20 on it and I'm very happy with how it looks and also with how it turned out. That paint laid great even in the 50 degree temps I was experiencing. The idea was just to add extra protection though. The look was just a bonus

Ryan.
Good deal. Do keep update on how it holds up overtime.

Quick Reply: Rattle can or professional paint??