2011 exhaust on a 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 exhaust on a 2006

I am looking at getting an exhaust for my truck and i really like the borla kits. i really like the atak system but they do not offer it for the 06 model. does anyone know if the 2011 to 2014 will fit on my 06 chassis?
thanks

Old 04-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The ATAK kits are designed specifically for the engines of the vehicles they are made for but it doesn't mean you can't try it. It will physically fit in there but none of the hangers will be in place, you will need to hang it yourself or have a shop install it.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know I fit a maggy kit from a 09 onto my 07 and everything fit, but I believe after that things under there changed.. But you could get it and try it. If it doesn't fit just do what Darren said.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
The ATAK kits are designed specifically for the engines of the vehicles they are made for but it doesn't mean you can't try it. It will physically fit in there but none of the hangers will be in place, you will need to hang it yourself or have a shop install it.
just want to say i love the look of your truck man. i think ive seen every one of your truck videos on youtube. i would love my truck to look like that.

Do you think it will hurt performance at all? or do you think it would be better to just get a different borla muffler and get the shop to fab it up for me?
thanks

Old 04-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by mike197
just want to say i love the look of your truck man. i think ive seen every one of your truck videos on youtube. i would love my truck to look like that.

Do you think it will hurt performance at all? or do you think it would be better to just get a different borla muffler and get the shop to fab it up for me?
thanks
Thanks for the words! It can be your truck if you're looking to buy

No it won't hurt anything, more flow the better. It would cost much less if you brought muffler and tips of your choice in but if you want the full stainless mandrel kit for peace at mind, that one is up to you. Not really needed for trucks.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 AM
If i was just to buy the muffler and get the shop to do it, would you put the pro xs on or xr1 with a y pipe for duals?

Old 04-11-2014, 03:07 AM

If i was just to buy the muffler and get the shop to do it, would you put the pro xs on or xr1 with a y pipe for duals?
Definitely XR1.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:10 PM
does anyone know if the hangers are the same? i am looking to put my friends 2011 raptor exhaust on my 2008 5.4.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 PM

^ why? If it's the stock exhaust, that won't sound any different and won't provide any performance gain.

XR1 for sure. As someone that shelled out for a full 304 stainless, mandrel bent exhaust from the headers back . . . it's better to just spend less! Unless it's a show truck or you're squeezing out every 1/10 of a HP, there's no point. I still can't justify having put it all on my truck other than I wanted to, and there are others than spent a lot more than I did. No rust down here in Texas anyway, so the stainless is only for looks and to be able say "it's all stainless". If that's worth more to you, and I guess it was to me (? haha), go for it, but that's about it.

Borla/Roush do make kits for our trucks and are essentially the same thing. I have the Roush "offroad" catback and it was loud and it sounded great before I did the headers (and still does).

Last edited by KMAC0694; 04-11-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
^ why? If it's the stock exhaust, that won't sound any different and won't provide any performance gain.

XR1 for sure. As someone that shelled out for a full 304 stainless, mandrel bent exhaust from the headers back . . . it's better to just spend less! Unless it's a show truck or you're squeezing out every 1/10 of a HP, there's no point. I still can't justify having put it all on my truck other than I wanted to, and there are others than spent a lot more than I did. No rust down here in Texas anyway, so the stainless is only for looks and to be able say "it's all stainless". If that's worth more to you, and I guess it was to me (? haha), go for it, but that's about it.

Borla/Roush do make kits for our trucks and are essentially the same thing. I have the Roush "offroad" catback and it was loud and it sounded great before I did the headers (and still does).

because its a 3 inch pipe instead of a 2.5 like a have now and it has twin tips and a different muffler...

was just wondering if the hangers would fit

Old 04-12-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Smarinak
because its a 3 inch pipe instead of a 2.5 like a have now and it has twin tips and a different muffler...

was just wondering if the hangers would fit
3" pipe on a catback does nothing when it's still at 2.5" after the cats, the muffler won't change the sound at all, literally, they're both giant, honking mufflers that remove almost all sound, and the tips I would want. The tips look great, but that's the only part I'd mess with from that kit. I'm just letting you know that it isn't going to, effectively, change anything before you spend a bunch of time making it fit.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:51 PM

3" pipe on a catback does nothing when it's still at 2.5" after the cats, the muffler won't change the sound at all, literally, they're both giant, honking mufflers that remove almost all sound, and the tips I would want. The tips look great, but that's the only part I'd mess with from that kit. I'm just letting you know that it isn't going to, effectively, change anything before you spend a bunch of time making it fit.
That's the problem with the kit I bought and all kits. Still 2.5" after the y-pipe then the 3" inserts into the 2.5" which means its like 2 1/4" in that one spot... Gotta change that restrictive y-pipe with a Maggy Y and get rid of that single 2.5". To have any effect even tho its at high rpms.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:53 AM

My 3" exhaust starts with a Magnaflow Y pipe and a mandrel 2.5" bend at the left bank, feels like it did stock but moves better under WOT, satisfied

Old 04-14-2014, 08:57 AM

I'm just not sure if going with the stainless is worth the extra $. with you living in Texas it wouldn't matter to much but up here in Canada they sure like to pour the salt to the roads. i just don't want to get a cheap pipe that will rust out in a year or two.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:18 AM

I'm just not sure if going with the stainless is worth the extra $. with you living in Texas it wouldn't matter to much but up here in Canada they sure like to pour the salt to the roads. i just don't want to get a cheap pipe that will rust out in a year or two.
Stainless is worth the money, especially where you live. I live in Michigan (upper peninsula) didn't go with stainless on my 02 and after about 4 years i had done really horrible rust spots. Mainly on the bends. I went full stainless (409) with my 07 seeing as I'm going to have this truck for a long time.

Quick Reply: 2011 exhaust on a 2006