Exhaust and Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust and Headers

What would be the best agressive, but not too loud exhaust that will give me horse power and daul pipe straight out the back ? I am gonna put the Dynatech 722-84210 SuperMAXX Header System on my truck , and I was told that the Flowmast17472 sounded good and would help with power some.I looked it up on youtube and I liked the sound some.Then I was told on here in a different post that the Flowmasters are junk and to not get them.Thats why I am asking for a second opion.Thanks !

Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Borla, or Corsa Sport cat-backs for the best quality bolt on cat-back exhaust.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Do not believe what the mass here says, most of them don't even have experience with a flowmaster product, yet bash it after reading what others say. They are hand made in the USA and are a good product. I love the sound and flow of my super 10s.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by nw150
Do not believe what the mass here says, most of them don't even have experience with a flowmaster product, yet bash it after reading what others say. They are hand made in the USA and are a good product. I love the sound and flow of my super 10s.
I am all for a U.S.A built product as much as the next guy, I just think they are a lousy built muffler. At least from the '90s to late 2000s. The welds are sloppy and the aluminized steel gets eaten alive worse than any other aluminized product. The sound of a Borla is so clear and heavy, yet has the volume & in some cases, more volume, than its Flowmaster equivalent.

I do not hate Flowmaster, I have had Flowmaster mufflers on a couple of vehicles already. I just prefer to steer others away from the droning & hollowed chambered systems. Unless that is what a person wants, then there ya go. The other kits I listed have such a cleaner sound to them, are polished T-3-4 stainless, come with perfect sized/angled tips, fully mandrel, and put out high decibels without disturbing the interior sound zone.

If the OP does a Flowmaster kit, best bet would be the Force II kit which has the 50 Series Delta, based off of his requests.

And for kicks, this was my most recent Flowmaster product experience, she was a loud one. Made trips a bit un-pleasant but it did have an alright cruise by sound. Nothing compared to my modular V8 F-150 with a Magnaflow though.

Last edited by DarrenWS6; 10-04-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
And to add to Darren they die off in tone at upper rpms. At idle they sound nice but as you listen to all the different exhausts it becomes like comparing car audio products. Borla brings out the full bodied sounds.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Just because a product is made in the US gives it no right be deemed better when it's not a better product. I've had a Flow 40 on my truck before and I consider Flowmaster products to be "beginner exhaust" products. They're cheap (in $ and in quality) and get you exposed to the field. They offer nothing but sound, but so do the top end mufflers without a proper configuration and headers.

What really gets my goat about Flowmaster mufflers is that every one of them sound the exact same. The only thing that changes is the volume. Compared to Magnaflow and Borla mufflers, you can get different case sizes and shapes and they all have their own unique sound and tone that fits your desire. For example, take an 18" oval body and compare it to a Magnapack. Totally different tones and volumes.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Exactly! And the sound of a better quality muffler is much more distinct. Flowmaster just makes noise.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And a note on the made in USA bull. In order for a product to be labeled as "made in USA", it only has to have 80% of parts AND OR labor from or assembled here in the states.

So, the other 20%, guess where it is coming from? It may be assembled here, but all of the parts came from somewhere else and vis-versa.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
you guys are funny.

Actually my super 10s sound almost nothing like the 40s I had, much more aggressive. There is also stainless steel which some of you seem to be forgetting, and they're very close in price to a magnaflow product.

And as for a beginners product, we are no where on the same page on that idea. Until you go to a dyno with a flowmaster and magnaflow and see a difference in results if any, believing with what the flowjbench and others say is not going to convince me.

Last edited by nw150; 10-08-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:00 PM

you guys are funny.

Actually my super 10s sound almost nothing like the 40s I had, much more aggressive. There is also stainless steel which some of you seem to be forgetting, and they're very close in price to a magnaflow product.
I have not forgotten this, however, it does not move them up in my personal favorite list due to their sound. IMO, there are much better sounding mufflers out there. Only my opinion, not putting the product down. I actually dislike the Magnaflow mufflers high rpm tone anymore, my truck doesn't sound raspy i high rpm from the 3" exhaust, but it loses its heavy volume in high rpm. A Borla muffler holds its heavy clear tone throughout. Next time round Borla it is.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Okay so may I ask what you guys think would be the best agressive,but not to loud exhaust.That doesnt have that rattely exhaust sound that you can sometimes get.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I have not forgotten this, however, it does not move them up in my personal favorite list due to their sound. IMO, there are much better sounding mufflers out there. Only my opinion, not putting the product down. I actually dislike the Magnaflow mufflers high rpm tone anymore, my truck doesn't sound raspy i high rpm from the 3" exhaust, but it loses its heavy volume in high rpm. A Borla muffler holds its heavy clear tone throughout. Next time round Borla it is.
I respect what you have to say Darren. Each have their own positives. Do I like the sound of straight through mufflers? yes but only on certain applications. Flowmaster just happens to be my personal choice, and I'll always stand with what I believe in and that is that they don't perform any worse than a straight through muffler.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 PM
So once again I ask lol what would be a good system to put on my truck ?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I personally would go with the super 44. I'd buy the muffler(s) separate and take them to a shop and have them run pipes and install the mufflers for you. Anyone else here will say borla.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Flowmaster just happens to be my personal choice, and I'll always stand with what I believe in and that is that they don't perform any worse than a straight through muffler.
What? Hah! - Mannn, I can tell you haven't tasted anything good. Well hey, -if your trying to fool yourself, - aced!

Snap out of it, .. I mean, - it's getting to the point of feeling sorry for you..

Scratch that, it passed. I bet your use to that.

Quick Reply: Exhaust and Headers