Swapped up my Exhuast... 1/2 way there

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:09 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
This is going to epic if I can get this going. You'll have to be one of my proto guys and put a ton of miles on set-ups

Old 11-05-2014, 02:45 PM

Update:

My dream has become a reality. Was driven to pick up welding so I began in September at the local vo-tech. Instructor is incredible...all certified too. Very fortunate to have him as a teacher. I take it with my dad. This class is stick welding and I actually got a chance to try mig welding last night. The next class I will take is mig and tig in March.
Good solid welder will be next purchase in the coming months. I've discussed my exhaust desires with the instructor. I'll be going mig all 304 and mandrel bent and grind it all smooth. Stay tuned. The ****ty exhaust shops can kiss my ***. Once I get real good I hope I can put together some nice kits and sell on here.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to her John! I wish I could do some welding courses as well

Old 11-09-2014, 08:37 AM

Thanks Arnaldo! It's a great skill and I think I'm going to end up incorporating it into a business. Really enjoy it.

Stay tuned. As much as it sucks how long its taken...being able to do it myself will be worth more than paying anyone to do it. The mufflers will be easily removable so I can run the borla and solo offerings :-)

Old 11-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Thanks Arnaldo! It's a great skill and I think I'm going to end up incorporating it into a business. Really enjoy it.

Stay tuned. As much as it sucks how long its taken...being able to do it myself will be worth more than paying anyone to do it. The mufflers will be easily removable so I can run the borla and solo offerings :-)
So soon i'll be able to come down for a longtube header install w/ cats, and a t-304 stainless exhaust fabbed by yourself with a Borla XR-1 and OEM Harley exit?

I'm dreading the manifold replacement bad.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish you nothing but great luck, at our young age, I'm glad to see someone like you with this drive and motivation to do something you love.

@Darren

Old 11-11-2014, 09:18 PM

Thanks guys! I'm really excited to see what I can do. It's funny my truck has pushed me to learn everything I wanted. Between learning suspension and general diy stuff I would have normally paid for and now this.

I'll keep this updated. I'll be building some things to make polishing and such easier too. Been brainstorming.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:15 AM

Long time bump. So I got my roush off. I will be making my exhaust out of mild steel since this is my first time doing this. I used a slip fit intermediate pipe and fit that on. Put on my borla s type muffler and used all stainless lap joint clamps. I am tinkering with the side pipes so it's currently just the muffler under the truck. It sounds so good. Pretty much identical to my brother's 5.0 with the Roush exhaust. Same thumping idle and low tone growl. With the small magnaflow cats I have it definitely has the loudness of the new trucks. Inside with it dumped is insanely loud going up a hill at lower speeds - I look forward to getting the exhaust put from under the truck due to this. I'm really happy with the loudness overall and have no desire for anything louder. It's perfect. I will post again once I get the side pipes done.

In the future, I'm eventually make it out of 304 ss and make a entire new mid pipe as my skills progress, but this is a great start since I don't daily her anymore and will no longer see snow.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time bump. So I got my roush off. I will be making my exhaust out of mild steel since this is my first time doing this. I used a slip fit intermediate pipe and fit that on. Put on my borla s type muffler and used all stainless lap joint clamps. I am tinkering with the side pipes so it's currently just the muffler under the truck. It sounds so good. Pretty much identical to my brother's 5.0 with the Roush exhaust. Same thumping idle and low tone growl. With the small magnaflow cats I have it definitely has the loudness of the new trucks. Inside with it dumped is insanely loud going up a hill at lower speeds - I look forward to getting the exhaust put from under the truck due to this. I'm really happy with the loudness overall and have no desire for anything louder. It's perfect. I will post again once I get the side pipes done.

In the future, I'm eventually make it out of 304 ss and make a entire new mid pipe as my skills progress, but this is a great start since I don't daily her anymore and will no longer see snow.

Wow that sounds like your well on your way and its something you like to do!
I should bring my truck to you. Mine needs some tlc exhaust wise !!!

Old 11-29-2015, 03:28 PM

Thank you sir! Eventually I would love to do side work. I am not ready yet as I am just still learning welding and fab. But a little down the road I hope to have a little exhaust gig. No cheap crap, all nicely done work.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:05 PM
GOod looking rides, but did you know that if you bend a pipe accidently, you cannot buy a replacement part thru Magnaflow. You have to buy a whole new exhaust. They dont sell individual parts.this just happened to me backed into a boulder and bent the passenger side pipe and Magnaflow told me that thay would be happy to sell me a new complete kit because thay dont sell parts lesson learned l will not buy magna flow again

Old 12-04-2015, 12:45 PM

Well I got it pretty much finished. I have 1 hanger I want to make up but it sounds awesome! The 5" tips really lower the tone so it's identical to a lightning. I drove it around a bit and find it absolutely perfect for my needs. I'll throw up some pics later today and try to get a video soon.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:21 PM

Old 12-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Wow looks sharp. I need some tail pipes bent and welded!!???
If your bored! 😊

Old 12-05-2015, 09:46 AM

Thank you sir! I didn't bend anything, used mandrel bends and pieces it together. There's a guy in Rhode island ...Jim's Custom exhaust who does mandrel bent systems. Guy does great work but you have to give up the vehicle to let him work.

Quick Reply: Swapped up my Exhuast... 1/2 way there