MBRP SIDO installed (impressions and questions)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP SIDO installed (impressions and questions)

First off the kit is made very well. had all parts and the instructions were decent.

It did take me about 6 weeks to get. Truckchamps were sold out, and it had to come directly from MBRP. I got it for $439 shipped (simply initiate a chat and ask them their best price).

The sound is good, really low..not crazy loud, but it does sound good. A bit of drone around 70mph, but to me its a non issue and not bad, I like it since I can hear it (whats the point if you cant hear it?)

I am having a bit of a tip alignment issue. They are almost perfect but i cant get them centered and the height the same. I am going to mess with it more this weekend.

Also the driver's side hanger they supplied, I have to realign that, I had the drivers side exhaust pop out of the hanger on my way home last night. No damage done, but it wasnt in the hanger anymore..

I heard there are two different kinds of mufflers, one that is a bit quieter. I just want to make sure mine is the "louder" one. I do remmeber looking in the inlet of the muffler and I could see, for the most part, straight through it. I heard the quiter ones have baffles and if you looked inside, you wouldnt see out the other end.

Anyone know if in fact I did get the louder one?

Any advice on the alignment? I imagine I can loosen one side and twist/turn the pipes a bit to get it to match the other..I dont think I can really align the driver's side since the hanger needs to be just right to allow the pipe to stay mounted in the rubber isolator. I guess I'll work on the passenger side and get that to match the driver's side.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:40 PM
I got the same kit for my 04, same issues as you with the alignment and the drivers side hanger, got the height good but the left to right is off a little bit. It is maybe a little louder than I had hoped it would be and am planning on long tubes with high flow cats so it will get a little louder. Gonna have someone else drive it so I can hear what it sounds like outside the cab. got mine for 413 shipped from autoanything

Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 PM
How did you fix the hanger issue? Mine just never seems to want to stay put and after i drive it I can see that its moved almost all the way out of the hanger.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:59 PM
SWEET GT, which setup did u get, im thinking about one also. would like to hear how loud it is first.

thanks

Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I got the SIDO part number: S5214409

Its got a very mellow deep sound.

Now, for reference I am used to my 2001 Mustang GTs exhaust (and am a bit spoiled by it). It has 2 chamber flows and an offroad H pipe..and it roars..

I keep comparing this kit to the mustang inadvertently..since thats what Im used too..

I think this kit sound great. Videos are really hard to give an accurate descrption of exhaust systems IMO.

Last edited by SWEET GT; 05-26-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Cool, thats the same system im looking at. Is the sound noticeable at low speeds or only when u get on it. Im going to my 4x4 shop after work for my wheels/tires, gonna find out when there installing it on another customers truck so i can hear it. I wonder if there will be a difference from the 5.4 to 5.0

Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM
You can hear it at low speeds.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM
cool, thats what im prob going with now, once i sell my wheels

thanks!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 PM
I may look at some different tips..I love the sound..but want it a teeny bit louder at idle...

Its very nicely made. I'm reseraching if tips are even worth swapping out.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:35 PM
I have the cool duals on mine. Very nice kit, sounds good its very deep and will get deeper once its broken in. Drivers side hanger just make sure its very tight, and the v shape is pointing up against the frame. You have to tie off the brake lines with a zip tie for a neater appearance.

Quick Reply: MBRP SIDO installed (impressions and questions)