Magnaflow Glasspacks?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Aside of being only a couple decibels quieter, the note was a little clearer with the oval bodies, and there was a very quiet idle. The interior noise was little to nothing almost which was nice.
Thats about what i figured. They sounded great on your videos.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Good posting. To compare my '04s system with yours, I hear mine all the time, its louder than my 33" Toyo M/Ts, only peaceful when coasting through town at 30mph, downhills you hear the backpressure engine rev up/pop rumble, and cruising is a consistent low hum equivalent to the M/Ts. Magnapacks may have been better for my drone tolerances.
Dont you know backpressure is a myth?

Old 03-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I made a decision and ordered the magnapacks.

I kinda wanted to try the magnaflow glasspacks and if i didnt like it, try something else but figured everything else will be SS so why make the mufflers the weakest part.

When i get this done (which probably wont be till maybe next weekend) would it be a good idea to get everything welded and clamp the mufflers till im sure i like them and then have them welded?? At least that way i could re-sell them right??

Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by migdaddy
Dont you know backpressure is a myth?
The exact term for backpressure is the event of a vehicle coasting down hill and when the driveshaft spins faster to the non accelerating engine the rpms still rise in which pressure builds up in the exhaust and you will hear the noise and the popping occur. That, is backpressure. Static pressure, velocity, and flowpath is what makes an exhaust [u]perform[/b].

As to removing welded mufflers, welds can be broken. And old pipe inside inlet/outlets can be removed. I sold my used 11" Magnaflows for $60 shipped. That paid for the Bullets that I scored both for $50.

Last edited by DarrenWS6; 03-08-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha i was just effin with you darren. I guess its hard to sense sarcasm over the internet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnaflow Glasspacks?