2 Intake Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Intake Questions

I have a 2001 F150 Screw, 5.4 V8, I dualled the exhaust and had the mufflers removed. I put a K&N air filter in it a while back and was wondering about an intake.

#1) I have a friend who has an intake kit without a filter and was wondering if I'd be able to just get a K&N filter and put it on the intake kit.

#2) I also was wondering if it was even worth it and how an intake would work with my current exhaust?

Thanks.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
you can get a replacement filter for around $35, if you can get the intake cheap then it might be worth it.

look into the "gotts intake mod" it's what I ran after selling my K&N intake and my truck seemed to like it better in the Texas summmer

it'll help a bit and add some more power and torque

Old 11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
my friend was going to sell me the kit for like $25 bucks. I was just wondering if it would be worth it and if just having straightpipe dual exhaust would allow the truck to breath enough.

I'm by no means a mechanic, how tough is the Gotts way... i just read up on it a little bit and seems WAY cheaper and just as effective.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by weswhall
my friend was going to sell me the kit for like $25 bucks. I was just wondering if it would be worth it and if just having straightpipe dual exhaust would allow the truck to breath enough.

I'm by no means a mechanic, how tough is the Gotts way... i just read up on it a little bit and seems WAY cheaper and just as effective.

I would use the K&N elbow and use the closed factory housing with the "gotts mod" and have an awsome setup

you need zero mechanical skills to do this and it's a great do it yourself first mod

Old 11-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks!

I think I'm going to do the Gotts Tuesday when I have the day off. I have a couple questions though. I don't have a grinder, what would be my best bet for slimming the pvc pipe? Also, i've read that removing the silencer helps out too. any directions on how to do that?

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply: 2 Intake Questions