2003 F-150 XLT S'crew

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 F-150 XLT S'crew

I have an 03 F-150 Screw that has the stock exhaust and I want dual, or something that will give it a little more depth to it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Steve-
2003 F-150 XLT S'crew

Old 06-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I have 2.5 true duals with a H-pipe going to Flow Master 50 series. It sounds good, but not too loud. I couldn't do the 40 series (wife wouldn't allow). They sound good, throaty and deep. Go to Flow Masters website and listen to the demos. Some like Magnaflow too. I went with Flow Master because my buddy is dealer and I got them for cost with free installation. Know what I mean? I have read other posts and there is not a huge or even noticeable difference between the two mufflers.

EJ

Old 06-26-2005, 07:46 AM
I have a 2003 SCREW 5.4 Im glad I didnt listen to all these thread the guy above is right there is not that much diff. if you are wanting sound and thats about all your going to get anyway go to your local muffler shop have your stock muffler cut off and install a flowmaster 40 series with stock pipe people thinks im running duals they look at my truck but cant figure it out I love it its not that load in the cab and it cost 100.19

Old 06-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I recently installed a SI/SO Magnaflow muffler on my 03 Screw and it sounds just right. Has a nice growl when I mash the peddle, but has no cab noise when driving around with the family.
I can also listen to my stereo system, cruising around town, without it being overwhelmed by any annoying exhaust.
I'll take a deep throaty growl, over a loud trash can echo any day.

4point6

Old 06-27-2005, 06:41 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you just want a different sound, remove your muffler. If you looks, add a y-pipe and dual pipes. The 4 cats keep it pretty quiet, as a Flowmaster40 series is about the same tone and sound level. If you want any kind of performance improvements, stick with an engineered cat-back system from Borla or Magnaflow.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Well if you know a good exhaust guy, have him make you a custom exhaust system. I know a guy up here who made my custom duals. He use Flowmasters mufflers and it sounds great. As for the cats, wellll, its kinda there. I just have a shell there for inspection, thats it. I cant believe the difference in the truck after he did it. Gas mileage went up and the truck towed better too.

Brian Michael
92 F150 S/C 4x4

[IMG]6990[/IMG]

Old 06-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the Flows have it. A nice sound can be achieved with a Flowmaster muffler no doubt it is what they are known for. I have a SI/DO muffler with chrome tips. Like said above go to a muffler shop and tell them what you want. Just describe the sound you want and they will tell you what muffler will suit you. The shop I went to had a display that detailed the sound produced by the various model Flowmaster mufflers. I got the three chamber 40 series, I think thats what it is. Low rummble when cruising and growls when your all on it.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by 804
I have a 2003 SCREW 5.4 Im glad I didnt listen to all these thread the guy above is right there is not that much diff. if you are wanting sound and thats about all your going to get anyway go to your local muffler shop have your stock muffler cut off and install a flowmaster 40 series with stock pipe people thinks im running duals they look at my truck but cant figure it out I love it its not that load in the cab and it cost 100.19
Holy Schnikees... I must be at the will of small town pricing!!! I want to do the same with my S-Crew, but when I priced the only reputable exhaust shop in town, he quoted me $300 for a Flowmaster 40 series and new pipe back to where the stock exit is... I don't even know if that includes a SS tip!!! (Which reminds me, what tip with the above mentioned muffler would make it sound nice and tight, but throaty?)

Geez, I'm going to Phoenix for my exhaust.

Quick Reply: 2003 F-150 XLT S'crew