Banks Power MONSTER exhaust for gas engines

Old 06-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks Power MONSTER exhaust for gas engines

any of you tried the new Banks Power MONSTER exhaust system for gas powered vehicles? they've got one now for the 04-05 Ford F-150's.

they look pretty sweet. huge pipe all the way through SISO.

they also make it a point in their ad to claim that it SLASHES BACKPRESSURE (92% less backpressure) and improves performance.

expensive?

Old 06-04-2005, 03:44 AM
I seen one on ebay for like $450. I've got tires and a brushguard to buy or I would get one. Someone needs to buy one and let us know about it. It does look awesome

Old 06-04-2005, 05:03 PM
I used to have the Banks Monster on a 2005 5.4 Lariat.

It contributed a serious power increase to these underpowered trucks, I'm guessing right around the 25HP the guy on the Banks 1800# said I would get. Problem was, it had an extremely obnoxious drone/resonation anytime while towing & between 50mph-70mph, in other words, right where you would be driving 90% of the time on the hi way. I couldn't live with it and sold it (to a guy who posts here on occasion).

I'm now running the Gibson SI/SO with a 4" tip. Much quieter, not as much power as the Banks, maybe about 15HP. I did pick up about 1.5 MPG with the Gibson as compared to about .5mpg with the Banks. If you're looking for looks & power and noise is not a concern, I would say you should be happy with the Banks. You can get it from AJUSA.COM for $435.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 06-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I have no complaints about mine. It is louder than Magnaflow but I don't find it unpleasant. I towed a trailer with 2 motorcycles 750 miles each way at around 75 mph & it was never to much for my ears. The noise from the wind was about as loud to me. Gibson is the quietest exhaust out there bar none. Had one on my GMC which is why I wanted something different for this truck. Quality is much higher on the Banks as well. Install went much easier this time around. No pushing, pulling, & cussing trying to make it fit. Everyone has there own 2 cents though & thats mine.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:35 PM
There's a few guys on the other forum that have one. This is the first i've heard of a drone at highway speeds. I beleive their website states no drone. I like that their piping is extra large to compensate for the two in to one y-pipe bottleneck on the stock setup. Our engine is the smallest and out truck is the heaviest. Extra power is second only to gas milage. Is there any way any of you guys that have one can post some pics? I'd like to see how it's connected as well. Is it bolt/clamp on or welded? Is it Cat back?

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/GBE4874X.html

Old 06-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Banks is clamp-on cat back system in 3 peices.... I removed the stock / installed the Banks alone in just over 1 hour with the truck on the ground. Simple to do alone.

3 peices: 30" (est) connector from stock Y, 3" striaght through muffler, 3.5" rear section with pre-welded 5" tip.

Noise is very modest in the cab. My Volante CAI is much louder than the pipe with a deep reasonance at approx 2800-3200rpm

Old 06-22-2005, 03:26 PM
I love my Banks. Less drone than many others. Where else can you get a 4" coffee can tip.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Suspended
What does the Banks exhaust sound like in comparison to a flowmaster 40 series? I know how a flowmaster sounds, and that's about it. Is the Banks system as loud as a flowmaster or what, and does it have a good growl? Is it quiet at idle and cruising or what?

Old 06-24-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm considering buying this system, however are there different models for the 04 and 05's?

Old 06-24-2005, 08:07 PM
04 and 05 are the same....

I live close enough to the Banks company that I picked up my system right at their shipping department. (lucky me - maybe thats why I chose banks?)

Sound comparison: tough Question. 2 of my neighbors have flowmaster Dodge 5.9's that sound pretty loud (nice though) driving down the street, but I've never heard my F150 / Banks driven from the outside..... does that mean I have to take one for the team and let my wife drive the truck?

Old 06-24-2005, 09:50 PM
I appreciate the response, already have one on order along with an AF1 CAI

Old 06-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Target B
I've never heard my F150 / Banks driven from the outside..... does that mean I have to take one for the team and let my wife drive the truck?
Hey man, that's okay, no need to take it to that extremity. I love ford but think dodge is the best sounding truck out there w/ aftermarket exhaust. Sounds real mean and tough and smooth. The dodge will naturally be a bit louder than ford I think, so there's no real ability to compare between the flowmaster on dodge 5.9 and the banks on ford 5.4. Why don't these companies post sound clips before hyping up their product, it's 2005 and the internet is the information highway. I bet some of these companies could have had thousands more sales if they had most application vehicles with sound clips on their sites. Magnaflow only has the harley edition and doesn't even list the year model of it. I'm not buying exhaust based on some sound clip that is not even like my truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Banks Power MONSTER exhaust for gas engines