Excursion

Firestone Ride Rite on an Excursion

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone Ride Rite on an Excursion

Happy Friday Fellas!

Took the boat to the lake yesterday for the first time this year and the rear of the Excursion was sagging more than it has ever. This is with 7 people and towing a mastercraft x-30 with wakeboards, food etc. The excursion has seen its fair share of offroading and hard driving (first my mom hauling around the 6 kids, then me, then my younger brother, then my other younger brother).We now use the Excursion strictly for towing the boat and trailers or driving a group or people to a concert or for DD or something similar.

I want to look into getting the Firestone Ride Rite because it seems like everyone who has installed it has liked it. I also like that there is no drilling that needs to be done.

Is there a write up anyone has done for the install on an Excursion? I have seen some for F150's and I imagine its very similar. I found one write up that someone did on there sweet Super Duty but the pics had been deleted from photobucket so I could not see them. I also went to the firestone site and saw the install instructions but was hoping for a write up.

If you guys have any suggestions on a better product or tips let me know.

Thanks guys!

D

Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I would also check out airlift, I heard they have quality products and a lifetime warranty i believe.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:34 AM
I have the airlift brand ride rite kit. Here's a pic with about 850 pounds of fun in the bed and a 5000 pound travel trailer hooked up. They are pretty easy to install. Only consider myself relatively mechanically inclined and I got mine done in about 2.5 hours. Would have taken less time with the proper tools. I don't have many, but am slowly acquiring them. I didn't even need a jack or lift of any kind. Just ramps so I could fit under there better. As for brand preference, I think both are good so whichever you can get for cheaper is what I would do. I got mine from autoanything.com for 200 shipped. Mine is the 2000 pound kit. Also recommend routing airlines into cab near backseat. I have pictures in my gallery under show all albums.
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Firestone Ride Rite on an Excursion