81 mustang 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
81 mustang 5.0

I just bought this car a few weeks ago, but have decided to go ahead and make some BIG changes on the f1!! Selling this & get a lil more funds together & I can do it!!!

This is a 81 ford mustang with front/rear, dash, & side windows swapped to the 87-93. All it needs is side moldings to be complete transformation! Other than that, cosmetically it's solid. Rear bumper damage, and corner of fiberglass hood damage (bumper will need to be replaced, hood is minor & easy fix if you desire for either). Car is no beauty queen by any means, but is still a head turner & blast to drive

5.0 roller motor
700 holley carb
Performer RPM intake,
MSD 6al ignition,
MSD Billit distributor
MSD blaster coil
Holley blue fuel pump & regulator
Griffin 4 flu radiator with dual electric fans
BBK long-tube headers into 2 1/2" exhaust (flowmaster mufflers)
Centerforce clutch
Freshly rebuilt 5 speed
Aftermarket shifter plate with short throw shifter
14" draglite rims (new tires on back & skinnies on the front)
4in. fiberglass cowl hood
Saleen rear spoiler
6 point roll cage
Traction bars
Subframe connectors
Cloth DAD racing seats with 5 point harness for driver
Oil pressure & temp gauges mounted on pillar
Autometer tach with shiftlight
8.8 inch rearend, with 4:10 gears
Also have a nitrous setup with bottle, plate, solenoids, etc
Again, this is a 81 model and has all 87-93 body panels including windows and dash. All lights work and car is perfectly street legal. It does NOT have carpet ,door panels, power anything, heat or a/c, or a back seat.
If you got money we can talk. $3500 O B O!

That being said, I can't take credit for most of the work (and none of the engine work) as it was already mainly done. Started tearing car down to lay down sound deadening all thru inside then desided I didn't want 3 projects....so put racing seats back in it & went back to driving it

bumper damage

blower not included

CLICK below for idling walkaround video

The car is located in Augusta, GA (right at the state line of GA & SC). Car will make it anywhere you drive it, I drove it home 4 hours when I bought it PROBLEM FREE! Best way to contact me is jus msg me on here if you're really intersted.
Thanks guys

Last edited by fdimeroller; 04-10-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Quick Reply: 81 mustang 5.0