Turn signals do not work

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn signals do not work

I have a 2000 f150 extended cab. My left and right turn signals do not work. Dash indicator(s) do not blink, no click - nothing. My hazards work fine.... Any ideas? Any idea where the signal relay is? Any help would be great!! Thanks

Last edited by pwm1; 12-02-2002 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:18 PM
I've had the same problem in most every one of my Fords. The guilty party is most likely the Hazard switch. My hazards would ework as well, but I would have to play with the hazard switch to get my blinkers to work. I think it is a defect with all those switches. It has happened on all mu Ford cars and trucks. Those switches are very tempermental. I know how ya feel.

Old 12-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Hi Pwm Welcome!

Did you fix it? Check your owners guide..i dont have 00 specs.. there maybe a flasher relay in the (inside) fuse panel. Also maybe a fuse for turn signals?

Good luck...OT

Old 12-03-2002, 12:19 PM
It's Fixed - sort of.

Well, It's fixed - sort of, maybe. I messed with the switch as jwrape suggested and with that I moved the tilt wheel all the way up and they started working!!!! Great, but, when I move the steering wheel all the way down, they stop - not so good. Maybe a pinched harness, switch connector or is it just Possessed?? Not sure, but it works enough to drive it to work... I need to deal with it later. Thanks for the help and suggestions. As far as the owners manual, I brought the truck used and never had the manual. Maybe I can find the fuse layout on the web. Thanks again.

Old 12-03-2002, 06:46 PM
Hi pwm

At least you know now where the problem is.

Try www.helminc.com they print OEM owners guide. Worth the price...you get exact same book that comes with new truck.

Maybe someone here can do link. Its been done before...shows fuse layout etc.

Good luck...OT

Old 12-06-2002, 10:49 PM
I just got mine fixed. Mine turn signals would work half the time. When they actually worked, they die out after 5 seconds.

I opened the fuse panel and there were two fuses for the turn signals, one normal looking one and one that looks like a metal cap. Got a new one. $4.75 fixed the problem.

Quick Reply: Turn signals do not work